- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience Less Than 1 Year
- Education Diploma
Under the direction of the equipment design Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineering Intern is responsible for the design of new products and/or the enhancement of current products for the manufacture of foodservice cooking equipment.
Internship will begin May 2020
Essential Role Responsibilities
- Design new products and improve previously commercialized products using SolidWorks 3D & 2D CAD, FEA (Finite Element Analysis), GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing), and DFMEA (Design Failure Modes & Effects Analysis). Training will be provided.
Essential Skills & Role Qualifications
- 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Ability to differentiate colors
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, planning, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work within a multi-task environment and to make sound business decisions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) (Preferred)
Education & Experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree as a Junior or Senior Student (Required)
- Some experience in a Foodservice Manufacturing Industry (A plus)