- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Diploma
· MUST successfully passes 3G AWS weld test.
· Requires basic math skills and ability to read a tape measure.
· Must be able to top lift 50 pounds.
· Must demonstrate ability to weld in the flat, horizontal, and vertical up position with wire welding machine.
· Must either have trade school training or a minimum of one year welding experience.
· Should have a working knowledge of welding symbols and prints.
· Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to maintain satisfactory working relationships and interact effectively with all levels of employees.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of trade secrets.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT:
· Welding machine
· Magnetic Drill
· Forklift (small and medium)
· Metal Band Saw
· Iron Worker
1. Job requires wearing personal protective equipment, such as protective welding helmet, eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed boots. Ability to operate miscellaneous hand and power tools as required by job. Job is exposed to potential eye strain while welding. Requires working for long periods of time in a standing position while welding components. Job requires ability to ascend, descend, and work from a ladder when welding components. Requires stooping or crouching occasionally to complete welding close to the ground. Requires working on knees at floor level while welding mechanical components to floor. Also requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. when transporting welding materials. Job requires lifting 25 lbs. frequently when lifting ladders. Job requires clarity of vision, with or without corrective lenses. Job requires working in a dusty environment. Also requires good motor skills and hand-eye coordination for accuracy in welding. Job requires ability to read tape measure and blueprints. Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions and environments.
Must pass 3G AWS weld certification prior to becoming employed.
- Job Description
JOB SUMMARY: Performs multiple routine or semi-complex tasks with some exercise of judgment. Assists more advanced employees in the performance of high-level work for development and training. Performs duties under moderate supervision. Work is closely monitored and reviewed for accuracy. Responsible for welding bases, tanks, roofs, and other components of genset. Responsible for welding sheet metal enclosure parts, roofs, skid bases and fuel tank bases.
1. Reads blueprints for specifications.
2. Makes all necessary welds per blueprints.
3. Performs all welding and fabrication tasks in plant as specified by supervisor.
4. Uses grinder and air sander to smooth and clean weld.
5. Weld engine mount pads and vent pipes.
6. Accurately measures, cuts, and notches structural steel as preparation for welding.
7. Welds roofs per blueprint specifications
8. Performs air pressure tests on seams of tank.
9. Safely operates forklift to move bases, roofs, and skids.
10. Pressure tests fuel tanks and makes repairs to leaks under moderate supervision.
11. Performs other duties as required by job order or assigned by supervisor.
12. Basic cleaning duties.