Experience 5 Years
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the management of a production area(s) in order to meet production schedules, quality and cost objectives.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
A Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering is preferred.
A minimum of two to three years operations management experience is required. Experience in profit and loss responsibility, plant maintenance, scheduling production and personnel management. Past experience in steel fabrication or coatings is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication or other custom metal coating operations is preferred. Knowledge of federal and state safety and environmental regulations. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service. This includes customer need assessments, meeting quality standards for services and evaluating customer satisfaction. Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation and personnel information system. Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and analysis and the reporting of financial data.
- Assists in overseeing activities related to making products and/or providing services.
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement. Determines areas that need cost reduction and program improvement.
- Assists in establishing and monitoring overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Recommends or advises management on improvements for building facilities, equipment, etc.
- Aids in developing and controlling profits, business plans and budgetary restrictions.
- Recommends personnel action including, but not limited to, annual evaluations, promotions, hiring and firing.
- May serve as the second in command for supervisors and office or sales managers.
Primarily air conditioned office. Frequent exposure to outdoor elements and a production environment.
Majority of the time is spent sitting, some standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 25 lbs. Must be able to see at close range and perform repetitive hand/arm motions.
Up to 5%