- Career Level Other
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Undergraduate
Application Engineer, Optical Telecommunications
What you’ll do
As an Optical Application Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Sales Organization and will be responsible for providing technical leadership, market intelligence and competitive analysis to enhance the Sales Organization’s ability to compete in existing and emerging markets. You will assist driving the sales process on the technical side in conjunction with the Regional or Channels Sales Managers, as well as actively identifying Sales opportunities. You will play a critical role to liaise and channel technology and industry intelligence to the Product Marketing team.
You will build your strengths to provide technical leadership throughout the whole sales process; you will provide technical pre-qualification for new opportunities pertaining to EXFO’s products and solutions. You will serve as the product champions for existing and EXFO’s innovations by developing expertise on the technology and the solutions applications in the industry, its capabilities, competitors and markets.
You will be the Trusted Advisor on all technical aspects for any sales activity particularly identifying opportunities for assigned markets enhancing regional business
Role will include:
• Developing skills to provide pre-sales technical expertise by creating and delivering compelling pre-sales presentations.
• Providing Sales Support by learning the products, identifying product applications and by studying and disseminating market trend information.
• Assessing potentially new and existing applications of EXFO products to meet customer needs ensuring sales and sales management teams are kept up to date on the progress of sales opportunities and product applications.
• Providing follow-up sales support by disseminating technical information on specific applications within EXFO sales team and with customers.
• Implementing product evaluation support, customer training sessions as well as post sale support when high level expertise is required.
• Supporting trade shows, conferences, seminars and other marketing events.
• Taking the lead with the technical requirements for RFQ, RFP and RFIs.
• Preparing reports, as required by the management team.
Objectives – Develop deep knowledge of Fiber-Optic Test & Measurement technology and solutions including:
• OTDR Theory and Usage
• Loss/ORL Testing
• Spectral Analysis
Develop knowledge of Transport & Datacom technology:
• OSI model
• Ethernet, Layer 2 switching
• Self-motivated, methodical personality.
• Ability to work in team environments and part of the team.
• Strong work ethic and integrity.
• Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill.
• Well organized, process and results-oriented.
• Comfortable to do presentation in front of audiences.
• Understands and is sensitive to customer business requirements.
Academic and Professional Requirements
Education: Higher education (Bachelor/Master) in Engineering, Telecommunications, Optics or equivalent.
Alternatively, track record and experience in the industry will also be considered
Highly desirable Fiber Optic technology knowledge is an advantage
Language requirements: Strong communication skills in English and German – oral and written. Italian or Spanish would be beneficial but not mandatory.
Preferred location: Candidates can be located in Munich or any other major locations in Germany.
Travel: Willing and able to travel extensively, 50% of the time.