Career Level Entry Level
Experience 4 Years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will service medical needs in the following ways:
- Provide evaluation of injured workers and perform minor injury care when appropriate for employee and contractor employees according to plant nursing protocols.
- Provide support for the on-site occupational health and wellness programs.
- Provide worker training as requested on medical topics of interest.
- Provide support to corporate level programs as requested by plant management and assist in coordination and performance of the medical surveillance program.
- Perform and manage biological sample collections (urine and blood) according to specific programs.
- Perform spirometry and audiometry testing.
- Perform medical documentation in paper and an electronic medical record.
- Perform and record patient assessments: vital signs, height, weight, BMI, visual acuity, pulmonary function, and hearing tests, CLIA waive testing: biometric, urine, strep, flu, glucose testing.
- OTC medication recommendations, education.
- Respond to medical emergencies and assist with medical care.
- Act as liaison between company and external health care providers in managing injuries and occupational health concerns for the company.
- Participate in assessing reasonable accommodations under ADA or ergonomic interventions.
- Monitor supplies and assist with ordering.
- Assist in chronic disease management and education.
This position will provide Wellness Center compliance in the following ways:
- Maintain: HIPAA compliance and training and medical record integrity, utilizing both paper and electronic medical records.
- Maintain dashboard data to include, personal visits and injury logs.
- Monitor, perform, and manage OSHA health standards: Hearing conservation program, respiratory program, DOT maintenance and random testing.
- Complete all competencies as required: CPR, HIPAA, Bloodborne Pathogen, DOT collections, PFT, COHC, CLIA-Waived testing: fingerstick glucose, Urine Dipstick, Flu and strep swabs, lipid panels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have the knowledge of the following:
- safety standards applicable to the Wellness Center and other pertinent rules/regulations governing work standards.
- the manufacturing facility and the operation processes through the facility.
- computers sufficient to utilize word processors, spreadsheets and databases.
- CPR sufficient to teach and administer.
- OSHA regulations and maintenance of OSHA 300 log.