- Career Level Other
- Experience 5 Years
- Education Certificate
With a position at Electrosonic Inc., you join a team that provides cutting-edge solutions for world-class projects. Electrosonic is made up of passionate, super-smart, energetic people who will challenge and inspire you every day. Do you want to be part of something exciting and unique? Then please join us!
We are looking for a Payroll & Benefits Administrator located in our Burbank, California office who reports directly to the Head of People and Culture.
The Payroll & Benefits administrator position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs as well as administering the payroll functions. This role ensures pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations while also providing excellent customer service. The Payroll & Benefits Administrator also assists in designing quality benefits plans. The Payroll & Benefits Administrator will stay on top of market trends and continually investigate new and improved benefits programs to ensure employee satisfaction.
What you will be doing?
- Implements, maintains, and reviews the payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions
- Guarantees compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Assists with audits by providing records and documentation as needed to legal and accounting departments
- Identifies trends and recommending updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures as needed
- Manages the employee wellness program to include analyzing data against benefits costs
- Collaborates with brokers to prepare open enrollment materials
- Manages day-to-day payroll and benefits activity for employees as a subject matter expert
- Assists in design and implementation of new benefits programs
- Completes annual compliance requirements (Section 125 Non-Discrimination Testing, 1094/1095-C, 5500 reporting, completion and submissions.)
- Confirms ACA as well as ERISA and state compliance
- Looks for ways to automate, streamline, and/or improve processes
- Manages employee personnel files while ensuring compliance with record retention laws
- Files Workers Compensation Claims with the broker and maintaining the OSHA log
- Government reporting to include OSHA, EEO, Veterans reports, monthly BLS reports
- Administers the vehicle allowance program
- Administers the corporate card program
- Administers leaves of absences
What Experience, Skills and Attributes will you need to be successful?
- Multi-state payroll experience; familiarity with regulations
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- HRIS experience; Bamboo HR is a plus
- Project and team management/leadership skills and experience
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs
- Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgment on proposals
- Knowledge of benefits contract language
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, CFRA, Section 125, workers’ compensation, Medicare, and Social Security and DOL requirements
What qualifications are required?
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal controls, and payroll taxes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with ADP Workforcenow
- Experience with BambooHR is a plus
- Experience in benefit plan design is a plus
- 5+ years of benefits and payroll experience in a multi-state environment