- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Diploma
Founded in 1986, Synagro Technologies, Inc. provides environmentally sustainable solutions for commercial and municipal organizations that generate organic by-products. Synagro consistently transforms industrial and municipal waste into environmentally friendly resources that benefit our communities. As the largest recycler of organic by-products in North America, Synagro uses best-in-class processes, from beneficial reuse to renewable energy, that adhere to the strictest of environmental regulations to provide compelling solutions for communities across the continent. Serving more than 600 municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities in the United States and Canada, Synagro’s leading systems of organic by-product management services support municipalities of all sizes in saving money and meeting environmental regulations. Visit synagro.com to learn more.
Conduct, maintain, test and repair electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Ensure that work is performed in accordance with relevant codes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Improve, repair, install, modify, and maintain electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment
2. Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges, and test equipment
3. Inform appropriate management and staff of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved
4. Maintain company required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment
5. Perform equipment maintenance according to abilities, as required to keep the process running. Contact the on-call mechanic when necessary
6. Perform any general work or other assignments necessary to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operation of the facility to include sweeping, shoveling, and other housekeeping activities
7. Enforce and maintain standard safety procedures and maintain a clean work area at all times
8. Participate and complete training programs within the time frame allotted
9. Assist in facility shutdowns as needed
1. Thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes
2. Ability to recognize operational inconsistencies and hazards in the workplace and display proper judgment in responding to them
3. Ability to read and comprehend instructional manuals, instruction sheets, technical data, blueprints, work orders and mechanical drawings in English
4. Thorough knowledge and understanding of occupational hazards connected with machine shop and general plant practices with an emphasis on the necessity of safety policy compliance
5. Able to work varying shifts, overtime, holidays, on call duty and emergency call-ins
6. Communication skills – verbal and written
7. Ability to operate a computer
1. Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required
2. Instrumentation and PLC experience required
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Talking, Hearing, Seeing, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Fingering, Stooping, Crouching, and Lifting up to 75 lbs
2. The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and out.
3. The worker is subjected to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than hour.
4. The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
5. The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to
6. The worker is subject atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
7. The worker is subject to vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of extremities or whole body.
8. The workers frequently is in close quarters, crawl space, shafts, manholes, small, enclosed rooms, small sewage and water line pipes, and other areas which could cause claustrophobia.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential job functions, knowledge, skills, abilities, efforts, and physical or working conditions associated with a position.
We thank all individuals for their interest in Synagro however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.