- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Diploma
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Mount plates on plate cylinders as required by job schedule line up.
- Take initiative in staging dies and mounted plates at presses in job schedule order
- Pick up mounted plates, dies, fanfold gears, and press accessories from presses and properly store as jobs are completed.
- Assist press operators with press cleanup and job changeover as needed and/or as directed by the Shift Supervisor, including cleaning anilox rolls and press accessories.
- Maintain adequate quantities of press supplies at presses.
- Monitor Receiving, Raw Materials Storage, Press, P5 Room, Slitting, Finished Goods and Shipping areas for housekeeping requirements. These include sweeping, dust mopping, trash removal, replacing surplus components in proper storage areas, removing and banding corrugated for recycling, and other cleaning activities as directed by management or supervision.
- Use pallet jack to move and dump waste gondolas for the press area.
- As time allows, police exterior of building, particularly area around dumpsters, to pick up paper and other waste materials that might be blown around the parking lot and plant property.
- Add oil to the trim system on the catwalk as needed; check the trim compactor periodically to avoid any trim back ups.
- Mix inks from the ink dispenser and color match when needed.
- Maintain good housekeeping in work area
- Follow all documented and accepted company, plant and department policies and procedures with special attention to safety guidelines and practices while exhibiting a positive attitude.
High school diploma or GED (General Education Degree)
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- Basic Computer Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and cubic feet.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read a scale to within 1/64.
- Ability to enter data legibly and accurately.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend simple oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and all levels of management
- Work as part of a team with others to meet business requirements.