Career Level Other
Experience 8 Years +
Location: Houston, TX | Compensation: Commensurate with experience | Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401K
Viking Cold Solutions is the leading sustainability technology for temperature-controlled logistics. Our intelligent Thermal Energy Storage (TES) systems minimize energy use while better protecting food inside frozen food warehouses, supermarkets, and restaurants across the globe. We are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our team and help us continue to tackle some of the world’s biggest energy and food challenges with our award-winning TES technology.
The Principal Engineer will coordinate with peer groups to survey, design, install and maintain new systems within customer facilities, supporting existing customer support and data reporting as well as a working manager to lead and develop a team of engineers and analysts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure an accurate and complete customer site survey process and completion of Application Engineering, Production Designs, and Installations for specific sites
- Lead R&D and continuous improvement objectives
- Manage numerous simultaneous projects on schedule and within budget
- Ensure compliance with safety training and certification processes for the team
- Establish Technical Service Desk to monitor equipment operation and energy usage for installed customer sites and field response team.
- Resolve escalated and complex technical problems relating to refrigeration system physical plants, unit controllers, supervisory controllers, and operation of Viking Cold technology with customer systems.
Skills and Experience
- Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in either mechanical or electrical engineering
- 10 years of industry experience that includes 5 years of management experience
- Prior contractor license, professional license, and certifications are desired
- Demonstrated design, installation and operating experience in industrial refrigeration systems including packaged condensing units, evaporators, HFC parallel systems, compressors, VFDs, Ammonia refrigeration systems and their controls
- Excellent English and written communication
- Proficiency in Spanish is desired
- Computer Skills:
- Strong experience in Excel and Microsoft office products
- Strong experience with AutoCAD products
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Viking Cold Solutions occasionally amends or withdraws jobs and reserves the right to do so at any time
Viking Cold Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or genetic information. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications, and performance. We are committed to providing all employees with a diverse, inclusive, and positive work environment, and we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics or on any other status protected by local, state, or federal laws.