- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 8 Years +
- Education Certificate
Essential Job Functions
- Works in collaboration with the engineering team, product management and marketing to understand the needs of the customer and develops workable engineering solutions to enable user-friendly product design.
- In conjunction with the Software Engineering Manager, establish clear engineering project milestones and deadlines and drive to meet those objectives.
- Participate in cross-engineering project teams with hardware engineers to ensure projects delivered on time and meet expectations of customers.
- This position will help lead and mentor other software engineers.
- Develops, tests, and documents software systems to specification.
- Complies with internal and external standards.
- Performs peer reviews of team members’ designs, code, and documentation.
- Carries out other duties as assigned as business needs require.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or electronics related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10-12+ years of professional experience developing complex software systems on multiple platforms. Software development experience in C++ is required.
- Experience in programming applications for real-time embedded systems. Linux experience with OS kernel, driver development and applications is required.
- Knowledge of automated test techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and electronics, and awareness of the constraints of embedded systems.
- Ability to develop highly reliable and robust software
- Experience developing test applications and automated test frameworks.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with software engineering tools for design documentation, revision control, issue tracking, and project scheduling. Experience with Git and Jira preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and carry out project tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skill to effectively interface with all levels of Company management and staff, customers and outside business contacts.
- Must have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency with English language both written and verbal communication.
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work as a team member to creatively and cooperatively solve problems and complete tasks.
- Experience with software engineering tools for design documentation, revision control, issue tracking, and project scheduling. Experience with agile project management tools and maintaining source code repositories preferred.
- Flexibility in work schedule – occasional overtime and weekend work may be required to meet established deadlines.
- Experience developing network products (layer 2 or layer 3 products)
- Experience with multiple RTOSs.
- Experience with Linux DSA Architecture
- Experience with SDN and intent based networking.