Experience 2 Years
General Description: This position is responsible for, but not limited to, planning and organizing all activities within the Heat Treat and Forge Departments.
Education, Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience with gas ovens and/or forging is preferred, but will train the right candidate.
- Working knowledge of heat treat techniques, including annealing, normalizing, grinding and tempering.
- Ensure that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Record and report shift and daily totals of machine production.
- Calculate actual production and determine balance due on work orders.
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include work station assignments/ rotations, employee training, employee breaks, employee time off, and overtime assignments.
- Train and instruct employees in job duties and company policies, or arrange for training to be provided.
- Monitor and analyze key metallurgical performance indicators and recommend connective actions.
- Work with management to improve operating performance, reduce waste, and increase operating efficiencies.
Physical Demands: Over 50% of time is spent standing.
Work Environment: Heavy manufacturing with loud noise levels. Enclosed, but not air conditioned, work areas.
Schedule: Full Time
Travel Requirement: None