Career Level Other
Experience 8 Years +
Summary of Duties
The project coordinator reports to the Field Operations Manager and is responsible for the management, coordination, and profitability of projects in the DFO and GC Projects businesses. The Project Coordinator will have Sheetmetal crews as direct report and is responsible for managing all direct reports accordingly.
Initiative, decisiveness, tact, integrity, judgment, leadership skills and technical knowledge are essential to achieving departmental and corporate goals. Job related contact can occur virtually with all demographic groups, with the majority of daily contacts being with MAXAIR, Inc. employees and departmental customers.
- Planning, organizing, controlling, and coordinating all labor, material and subcontractors of the projects assigned to the project coordinator.
- Evaluation of vendor and subcontractor proposal to ensure compliance with the job requirements and specifications.
- Overseeing all projects to ensure optimal customer service, efficient use of equipment and time, and meeting departmental strategic and budgetary goals.
- Scheduling jobs based on the schedule provided by the general contractor and the capabilities of the available foreman.
- Working with department managers and employees in support of all facets of the company.
- Working with department managers and the Field Operations Manager in support of the corporate goals, mission, and vision.
- Managing relationship with local union.
- Managing the necessary administrative records and controls to protect the interests of the corporation and the customer, to include prompt and accurate purchase orders, subcontracts and receipts.
- Coordination of internal fabrication.
- Work with Warehouse Manager to schedule deliveries of material, equipment and tools.
- Resolving customer concerns and complaints in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Working with suppliers on pricing, performance, reliability, and availability.
- Performing all duties as directed by the Field Operations Manager.
- Enforce company safety policies.
- Manage field labor and complete annual performance reviews.
- 10 or more years of industry-related experience in commercial HVAC installation.
- Local Union 85 membership as Sheet metal Foreman
- Knowledge and experience of HVAC systems and codes.
- Ability to successfully direct and coordinate the requirements of the customers, employees, outside suppliers, delivery schedules, and subcontractors.
- Ability to understand plans and specifications
- Knowledge of safe construction methods and procedures Ability to negotiate with suppliers and vendors to ensure prompt and timely delivery at the lowest possible price.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills to motivate employees to higher achievements and to keep the company morale high.
- Ability to comprehend and implement applicable HVAC related federal, state, and local governmental laws, codes, and regulations.
- Current drivers license.
- OSHA 30 certification.
- Ability to represent the company at HVAC related social activities.
- Familiarity with the following computer programs; Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, and Job Cost Accounting software.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and participate in drug free workplace program
- Our customer’s satisfaction is the goal of our work.
- We safely provide the highest quality products and services for a fair price.
- Our employees’ personal happiness and job satisfaction are critical to our success.
- We value our employees as professionals.
Compensation and Benefit Summary
- Annual salary + quarterly bonus + company vehicle
- Bonus plan details to be shared in writing upon hire
- Union Benefits
- 10 Days paid time off (PTO) annually starting 1st January of employment. 15 days after the 3rd full year.
- Pro-rated during year of hire
- Seven paid holidays per year: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & day after, Christmas Day