- Career Level Other
- Experience 5 Years
- Education Undergraduate
About Impact XM
Impact XM is a global event and experiential marketing agency that empowers brands to power business—and has nearly 50 years in business to prove it. From events, exhibits and environments to digital engagements and consumer activations, we create experiences that connect brands and consumers in a meaningful way. This ensures we live up to our name by making a positive impact on people’s lives and our clients’ business.
As a member of the Operations team the Project Manager provides assistance to the Account Management Team in servicing and managing all aspects of the build and estimating of custom and hybrid exhibits. This position is responsible to lead the project team from the start to completion of the build to ensure fulfillment is On Brand (on time, on budget, on solution, on xperience).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities as outlined in this Job Description may be changed from time to time by the Corporation, as it deems necessary, without further notice to the Employee.
- Comprehensive customer contact, project planning, purchasing, fabrication supervision, budgeting, accounting and project performance analysis
- Project ownership from design handoff to delivery
- Prepares quotes, material lists and project timelines including support for client correspondence and proposals
- Collaborates with and directs in-house production and partner vendors
- Capable of offering fabrication alternatives
- Delivers multiple projects simultaneously while managing timelines, quality and budgets
- Observes deadlines, prioritizes workloads and operates under limited time constraints
- Coordinates internal production departments to ensure meeting client objectives and budget parameters
- Contributes to the corporate Continuous Improvement process
- Represents Impact in concept and budget meetings with clients
- Communicates effectively within Impact and with the clients regarding details of the account
- Possesses full understanding of client’s properties
- Sources and procures specialty materials and services in conjunction with Procurement
- Supports of all necessary Impact’s business systems
- Able to develop simple fabrication drawings when necessary
- Travels to domestic and international shows when necessary for show site management of client’s exhibit and services
- Collaborates with Project Managers globally to offer creative solutions utilizing both existing components and newly fabricated parts
- Communicates effectively with international partners; able to overcome language and time challenges
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (Canadian Positions: Accommodations will be made, up to undue hardship, for employees that advise accommodation is required pursuant to the prohibited grounds of the human rights legislation.)
Education And/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Dynamics Accounting software; Project Management software; ACAD, 3DMax, Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
Other Skills And Abilities
- Must have extensive knowledge of domestic and international construction methods for trade show exhibits
- Be able to direct and manage domestic and international vendors in a fast paced multi-tasking environment
- Strong conceptual skills
- Able to read and understand construction drawings, setup prints
- Able to translate solid model renderings into construction methodologies
- Must be decisive, thorough and accurate with a general understanding of profitable business practices
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% to support projects
- Able to work with a team
- Able to adhere and contribute to processes and tools
- Capable of “out of the box” thinking
- Able to understand and implement minor modifications to technical drawings
- Domestic and International project management experience
- Ability to Multi-task
Impact XM Benefits
Impact XM offers a comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Commuter Plans, 401(k), Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay as well as competitive salaries and the opportunity for growth within our exciting industry.
Impact XM is a global experiential marketing agency that crafts strategic audience engagements by powering brand experiences. Trusted by some of the world’s most respected organizations, the agency has a forty-year heritage of insightful strategy, brilliant creative, smart fulfillment and purposeful metrics across business and consumer trade shows, user conferences, event activations and digital engagements. Headquartered in New Jersey, Impact XM maintains locations in Toronto, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and Zurich.
For more information, go to www.impact-xm.com.