Career Level Entry Level
Experience 5 Years
- Review preparation and culmination of project estimates and bids, and collaborate with management in selecting and assigning project personnel.
- Review the selection of subcontractors and completion of contract arrangements and review proposed materials and shop drawings from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Review with project personnel the preliminary project schedule and when appropriate the detailed project schedule.
- Ensure that all required project management/administrative pre-requisites (i.e. cash flow plan, subcontractor lists, manufacturer lists, submittal/procurement logs, etc.) are prepared and submitted to the architect and ensure these plans are properly administered, as in submittals expedited, received, logged and approved.
- Collaborate with the Project Superintendent in overseeing the delivery of materials to the job site or outside storage, and in ensuring that their receipt is properly recorded.
- Monitor construction activities, resolve problems and issues which arise, especially those pertaining to changes, deficiencies and/or subcontractor performance.
- Review monthly project status reports, project billings, and provide information as required to keep upper management and client properly informed.
- Ensure that “punch list” items are completed.
- Ensure that closeout documentation is submitted (i.e. drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, and warranties from subcontractors and suppliers).
- Participate in and expedite fair settlement of final disputes, litigation, and final payment dispositions.
Knowledge and ability to prepare detailed construction project plans, schedules and estimates and to make proper modifications to such, using a personal computer and standard company software. Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, shop drawings, technical specifications. Ability to calculate square footage, volumes and percentages using a personal computer and calculator. Ability and skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, as in providing written and oral instructions to employees and in communicating with architects, clients and subcontractors. Knowledge of and application skills in geometry, trigonometry and algebra. Working knowledge of personal computers and basic software programs. Ability to manage project teams and large groups of personnel, and ability to accomplish desired results through delegation.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Technology or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 5 – 10 years of progressively responsible experience in commercial construction management, including estimating, project management, scheduling, cost control, and personnel administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in Healthcare/Hospital Construction is a plus.