- Experience 5 Years
- Education Associate
KPS Global (KPSG) is the North American industry leader in the manufacture, production, and installation of Walk-in Coolers and Freezers. KPSG’s end-product serves many channels within the retail food market as well as industrial applications. KPSG is based in Fort Worth, Texas with Engineering activities centralized in the Fort Worth facility (along with Finance, Human Resources, Customer Operations, Sales, and Installation Services), supporting product manufacturing in three locations: Fort Worth; Piney Flats, TN; and Goodyear, AZ.
KPS Global values its outstanding people who are deeply committed to providing innovative, high-quality service to clients from coast-to-coast. As a member of the KPS team, you’ll be part of an exciting and modern company culture where you will enjoy professional flexibility and benefit from an environment where creativity, innovation, and hard work are rewarded.
KPS Global is looking for a Project Manager, to join the Customer Service Department
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring successful project execution and delivery starting with the handoff from customer operations, through Engineering, Ordering, pre-assembly, shipment to the customer, and subsequent handoff to Service.
The role ensures that projects meet established schedule, cost and contractual objectives by effectively managing labor, material resources, and change control procedures, and by providing contingency plans and problem resolution as required.
- Participate in the Management Kick-Off meeting for each project to develop an understanding of the project scope and project deliverables.
- Initiate and control Internal project meetings to support the needs of projects
- Initiate and lead the customer Kick-Off meeting. This meeting reviews the scope of work/work breakdown structure, schedule, issues and deliverables with the customer
- Develop the project schedule and budget based on inputs from the customer, inside sales and the project team. This is in tandem with conforming to as-sold contractual obligations, and by following KPS Global standard procedures.
- Serve as focal point for all communications between the Customer and KPS Global
- Manage the project contract by ensuring timely and compliant delivery of all KPS Global deliverables, holding the Customer accountable for timely and compliant delivery of their deliverables, and excising our standard change order procedure.
- Maintain and manage the project schedule to meet all contract requirements. Report schedule status to the customer on a weekly basis
- Create, maintain and manage the project budget to meet KPS Global financial objectives.
- Attend the Project Status Meeting as requested by the Customer Operations Manager to report schedule and financial status for each active project being managed.
- Work with various company sites and project team to direct the daily project activities and co-ordinate the work of members of this project team.
- Conduct regular project meetings, with both in-house personnel and the customer as needed, record minutes of these meetings and distribute.
- Create and maintain Project records, files, and other documentation.
- Initiate and coordinate internal pre-acceptance tests to verify that the product will meet the contractual deliverables during hand-over.
- Initiate and coordinate system hand-over when all contractual deliverables are met.
- Obtain acceptance from the customer.
- Work with our Accounting department to ensure all billing deadlines are met.
- Initiate and complete project closure tasks, culminating in a hand-off to KPS Global service department.
- Promote a positive professional image of KPS Global internally and externally.
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Arrives to meetings, appointments, work, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled
Project Management experience
Experience working with multi-disciplined project teams
An ability to work effectively with customers during high pressure situations
Customer Service, detail and results-oriented
Strong organizational planning abilities and conflict resolution skills
Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
Experience with MS Office computer applications; MS Project experience preferred
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline- and customer-oriented environment
Ability to travel. This position requires some travel (including weekends).
Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree in technical or engineering field preferred
5 – 8 years of experience in construction, refrigeration and walk-in coolers
Must be able to climb, kneel, reach with hands and use hands and arms
Must be able to life 25 lbs
must be able to travel up to 25%
Work experience in a plant and / or fast-paced production environment.