Experience 3 Years
- Responsible for the cost, quality, and delivery of purchased goods and services.
- Performs material planning and purchases to meet and help optimize production schedules.
- Meets with Project Management and Production Management ongoing to confirm material requirements, while minimizing purchasing costs and ensuring on time delivery.
- Oversees inventory control and accuracy (from material receipt through finished goods).
- Participates in the establishment of purchasing performance metrics and reporting of metrics on a weekly and/or monthly basis, including some financial and related fiscal savings to the company.
- Establishes and maintains an inventory replenishment program.
- Develops and expands vendor base for inventoried and project materials.
- Delivers vendor relationship development.
- Negotiates favorable terms on purchase orders and sub contracts.
- Establishes and maintains an inventory control system.
- Performs weekly, monthly, and quarterly inventory and reports results, as required, to the Accounting Department.
- Works to ensure accuracy of material receipts against purchase orders.
- Manages hazardous material disposal; meets federal regulations and ensures the safety of employees.
- Maximizes the utilization of the MRP computer system to plan and control materials.
- Acts to meet customer and consumer expectations, needs, and concerns.
- 3-5 years of experience as a professional buyer plus a related college degree; or equivalent combination of work experience and college level training.
- Must have the ability to self-direct work; exercise independent judgment to formulate and implement solutions.
- Demonstrates persuasion and influencing skills with adeptness in conflict management.
- Has leadership skills to help train other staff.
- Significant experience with sourcing systems, equipment, and services for the business.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of sheet metal, hardware, plastic, electrical components, and small tool purchasing.
- Attention to detail.