- Career Level Other
- Experience Less Than 1 Year
- Education Diploma
Position type and expected hours of work: Full time position, typically Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm with an hour lunch break. Overtime occasionally necessary.
Summary: This position is responsible for meeting hiring goals by filling open positions with talented and qualified candidates. This entails working closely with managers to gain a comprehensive understanding of the company’s hiring needs for each position and meet competitive hiring goals and expectations.
- Locate potential employees who meet DOT and company standards.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Inform applicants about our operations and the job duties of position they applied.
- Utilize social media platforms and other search engines to generate leads.
- Will work closely with the Onboarding Specialist.
- Develop and oversee recruiting or referral programs.
- Collaborates with HR Manager and department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Manages the job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and coordinates with hiring managers to assist in the hiring process.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Stay active with current with job boards, social networks, and platforms to find talent, and plan, create and release job descriptions.
- Work and form relationships with internal management teams to know the ins and outs of their departments and better understand their hiring needs and job specifications.
- Utilize knowledge of multiple recruiting sources and execute innovative recruiting strategies to find quality candidates and prospects for new business.
- Maintains a database of candidate records, including active and passive prospects, hired and fired employees, and other candidate relationships.
- Follow up on interview process status and update records in the internal database.
Competency: Must be detail-oriented, accurate, flexible and dependable. Strong written and oral communication skills. Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Work environment: Position requires the employee to work in the office.
Physical demands: The position primarily requires sitting, typing and viewing a computer. Other less frequent physical demands include bending and lifting.
Travel: Some travel may be required, in order to familiarize yourself with the operations of the company.
Preferred education and experience: High School Diploma or GED. Associate Degree preferred. Trucking or transportation experience a plus. Must have basic computer skills. Must have valid driver’s license.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees. Accordingly, the Company will not engage in any form of employment discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally protected status. The Company hereby affirms its desire to maintain a work environment for all employees that is free from all forms of unlawful employment discrimination.
Please Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.