Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
The Regional Category Manager is responsible for the functional management of the strategic purchasing team. This position ensures an effective working supply chain through systematic analysis of supply markets and sustainable purchasing strategies.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, or equivalent and 5 years related experience strongly preferred. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
5 years of experience in commercial supply chain role is strongly preferred. Experience in a machine manufacturing setting is preferred. Experience in presenting and negotiating contracts required. Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Project experience with strategic planning and actions.
- Effective, timely reporting of material prices and market developments.
- Experience negotiating global contracts involving country specific factors.
- Ability to work with confidence under pressure.
- Optimizing stock levels and availabilities.
LOCATION: Elmira, NY
- Negotiate customer-specific contract terms and conditions ensuring supplier pool.
- Create and evaluate supplier proposals.
- Evaluate supplier qualifications to optimize stock availabilities and levels.
- Work in close cooperation with Purchasing and SQE.
- Cooperate in developing local purchasing strategy.
- Evaluate and implement cost reduction programs.
- Provide market intelligence to other departments as needed.
Travel may be required up to 20% of time.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including health insurance, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, paid holidays and long-term disability. Hardinge Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Veteran/Disability.