- Experience 5 Years
- Education Undergraduate
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for developing and managing a business operation that increases sales, profitability, market share, and customer and employee satisfaction. This role is accountable for overseeing the activities of Account Managers in his or her assigned region, ensuring sales targets are met or exceeded. He or she will manage the performance of the sales team in the region, providing mentoring and coaching. Other duties include developing marketing strategies for the region, handling complex sales queries and customer challenges in a professional manner and acting to close sales as necessary.
- Assess local market conditions, identify current and prospective sales opportunities and develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans for the region
- Develop and implement sales and profitability plans and maintenance of account plans
- Full P&L Responsibility for regional sales, including management responsibility for Sales Team in the region
- Responsible for talent development of team including provide training, coaching, development and motivation to team
- Recommend desirable changes in the policies and goals of the region and the organization
- Communicate effectively with other regions and senior leaders both in Canada and Globally by sharing information on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities, and needs
- Provide accurate forecasting for sales, budget and inventory planning purposes
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Collaborate with the Corporate Credit team in extending and enforcing credit policy
- Ensure the safekeeping of company assets, including structures, equipment, inventory, and cash
- Participate actively in community, business and industry organizations to build a network of contacts that improve the presence and reputation of the region and company in the local area
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product
- University degree in business or related field, or equivalent in experience
- Minimum of 10 years of direct work experience in direct or similar industry, with at least 5 years in a management capacity.
- Experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, distribution channel management, account development, and business planning.
- Strong knowledge of retail and/or commercial sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to examine and re-engineer sales operations, form new policies, develop and implement new strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct sales forces, both retail and commercial.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- High level of proficiency with IT systems such as SalesForce and Oracle Working Conditions
- Work requires significant local travel with Account managers visiting customers in region.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel for customer visits
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Providing Consultation • Decision making and Judgement
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Time Management, Planning and Organizing
OUR COMPANY VALUES
People First We treat each other with fairness and respect, consistently provide opportunities for growth, and health and safety are our first priority. Accountability Together, we take ownership of our actions, business and future.
Innovation We are committed to fresh thinking and breakthrough ideas that create value.
Winning Spirit We are enthusiastic and foster a ‘can-do’ attitude in striving to be No 1. We are committed to excellence and share and celebrate our achievements.