Career Level Other
Experience 2 Years
Education Master’s Degree
Come grow with us!
Company Description: FDH Infrastructure Services is an industry leader in engineering, construction, and field services for critical structures and facilities. Markets served include telecommunications, heavy civil, power, industrial, commercial, and government. Our continued success is directly linked to the knowledge and experience of our talented staff. FDH is a team-oriented, performance-driven organization, committed to safety, quality, and professional integrity. Our work culture fosters continuous learning and innovation to improve our products, services, and business processes. We work hard for our customers and enjoy having fun together. Come grow with us!
Enjoy Great Benefits: FDH provides a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan with company match. Flexible time-off plans encourage a healthy work/life balance for all employees. Wellness activities are promoted throughout the year.
*FDH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
The primary function / purpose of this position will be to develop non-destructive testing methods utilizing experimental testing, finite element and numerical analysis and statistical methods on bolted joints, wind turbine components, dam, bridge, levee, and other heavy civil infrastructure systems. The position will assist in the design and programming of data acquisition systems and their components, acquiring nondestructive testing data in the field and laboratory, analyzing that data, and reporting the results to management.
- Perform analysis and interpretation of transient waveform signals generated in a variety of frequency ranges using physical and electromagnetic sources
- Design, build and program data acquisition systems
- Assist with nondestructive testing in the field and laboratory
- Perform finite element analysis (FEA) of civil infrastructure
- Ensure quality and quantity of all engineering studies, reports and drawing, and provide management with appropriate report(s) on quantity and quality
- General management of structures laboratory equipment
- Design testing and apparatus
The position will report to the senior research scientist and provide detailed information on the results of data acquisition using nondestructive testing techniques in the field and laboratory, data analysis methods, and written reports or presentations of the findings. This data may include, but not be limited to frequency response, dynamic properties of the vibration system, and stresses within the structure.
- PhD Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Engineering Physics, Civil Engineering or related discipline, required.
- Two plus years’ experience with signal processing algorithms and data analysis skills.
- Ability to organize and efficiently analyze large sets of data from ultrasonic, electromagnetic, mechanical and seismic signals.
- Working knowledge of programming software such as C++, Python, Matlab or similar programs.
- Assist in code development for custom software packages with an understanding of low signal to noise ratio signal processing for efficient data collection and analysis.
- Test new integrated circuits and/or hardware components for a wide variety of signal processing applications and research.
- Provide technical support and maintenance for integrated hardware/software packages to include electronics troubleshooting and repair.
- Working knowledge of Finite Element Software ANSYS and ABAQUS is a plus.
- Work with the team to manage project task identification and milestone schedule.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees and outside contacts both verbally and in writing.