- Career Level Other
- Experience 6 Years
- Education Master’s Degree
Come grow with us!
Company Description: FDH Infrastructure Services is an industry leader in engineering, construction, and field services for critical structures and facilities. Markets served include Wind Energy, telecommunications, heavy civil, power, industrial, commercial, and government. Our continued success is directly linked to the knowledge and experience of our talented staff. FDH is a team-oriented, performance-driven organization, committed to safety, quality, and professional integrity. Our work culture fosters continuous learning and innovation to improve our products, services, and business processes. We work hard for our customers and enjoy having fun together. Come grow with us!
Enjoy Great Benefits: FDH provides a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan with company match. Flexible time-off plans encourage a healthy work/life balance for all employees. Wellness activities are promoted throughout the year.
*FDH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
The primary function and purpose of a Research Engineer position will be to perform research in finite element and numerical analysis and statistical methods on heavy civil infrastructure systems. Models address composite structures, soil-structure interaction (SSI), moisture transport in porous material, Transient Dynamic modeling and non-linear finite element analysis (FEA).
FDH has been awarded a multi-year project by a US Government entity. The purpose of this position is to lead a team of engineers with the Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tasks and deliverables required by the contract.
- Perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of civil infrastructure
- Perform numerical, statistical, and uncertainty evaluation of the data and provide detailed information on the results, finite element analysis, and error quantification
- Lead team of engineers in project tasks to reach Milestone goals
- Work with the team to manage project task identification and milestone schedule
- Drive cross-functional team cooperation and support
- Present exceptional client-facing skills delivered in an engaging and professional manner
- Ability to multi-task, manage and engage with a wide range of clients and prospects throughout assigned range of responsibilities
- Communicate clearly with clients and colleagues both in writing and verbally
- Demonstrate the necessary interpersonal skills to thrive as a leader in a team-oriented work environment.
- Create strong collaborative team environment.
- Recruit, develop and retain staff in partnership with management and human resources.
- Provide performance management, using clear annual goals with formal and informal performance reviews.
- Demonstrate strong follow-through skills with ability to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor while representing FDH.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of FDH.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- PhD Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Engineering Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensure required. Structural Engineering (SE) licensure preferred
- Six plus years’ experience with Finite Element Analysis software (ANSYS preferred)
- Proven knowledge of theory and practice of the finite element (FE) method applied to problems involving nonlinear solids, undergoing high strains, with contact and friction
- Strong data analysis skills, and ability to organize and efficiently analyze large sets of data
- Working knowledge of fluid dynamics and some experience with CFD
- Familiar with CAD software: SolidWorks and NX is very desirable
- Knowledge of Python, and iSight is a plus
- Requires Active DOD Top Secret Clearance or ability to acquire in 6 months
- Ability to give direction and training to the staff
- Ability to influence, collaborate and negotiate with all departments across FDH and to the external market