- Career Level Other
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Undergraduate
About Impact XM
Impact XM is a global event and experiential marketing agency that empowers brands to power business—and has nearly 50 years in business to prove it. From events, exhibits and environments to digital engagements and consumer activations, we create experiences that connect brands and consumers in a meaningful way. This ensures we live up to our name by making a positive impact on people’s lives and our clients’ business.
An Impact XM Senior Convention Planner is responsible for coordinating the strategic, operational and logistical activities required for conventions and group meetings. Arrangements are made personally and/or through subordinate planners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities as outlined in this Job Description may be changed from time to time by the Corporation, as it deems necessary, without further notice to the Employee.
- Serves as liaison between suppliers and organization staff in arranging convention-related meetings, events, training sessions, hospitality suites, and ad boards. Understands and cascades expectations of client and Account Team
- Develops proposals, estimated cost models, budgets, tracks budget statistics, and prepares management reports for individual events, as well as monthly tracking of annual program spend
- Maintains meticulous budget throughout pre-planning, meeting execution and post-show reconciliation to be shared with Account Team and client on a consistent basis. Reviews/reconciles event bills and credit card statements; approves payment in a timely manner. Records financial information in Impact XM systems in a clear and timely manner
- Leads selection of meeting/event site process that may include international venues to provide to client for final decision
- Negotiates and secures hotel, lodging and meeting space rental contracts to meet approved budget and falls within Association guidelines. Plan all details to include number of persons expected, housing requirements, meeting space desired, food service schedule and payment arrangements
- Plans the scope of individual event activities, including time(s), location(s), and cost(s), including:
- Research compliant venue options and negotiates/secures contracts
- Prepare SOW, request Purchase Orders for approved items
- Prepare formal estimates
- Coordinate and Secure Audio Visual where necessary
- Send and track correspondence with attendees, speakers, sponsors, venues, associations, etc.
- Prepare BEO information with event venues
- Coordinate travel, lodging, and expenses for participants to include booth staff, HCPs, VIP’s where necessary
- Work directly with registrants on problems and inquiries. Provide best practice solutions
- Staff events and manage onsite event registration; includes travel to selected meetings
- Track invoices and receipts as requested; track expenses for event budget reconciliation
- Ensure client guidelines and business rules are followed
- Coordinate multiple meetings and priorities simultaneously; including High-profile congress meetings
- Reports on attendee and housing status to client on regular basis.
- Oversees communications to attendees, in the form of electronic (email) communications, as well as Convention Information documents (for attendees) and Final Housing and Registration Reports (for clients.)
- Oversees on-site delivery of housing, registration, badging delivery for client group at a convention
- Assists in payment process for housing blocks, including creation of Master Billing with hotels, payments using Impact XM credit card or individual credit card according to proper procedures.
- Oversees meeting schedules, materials and services for multiple meetings/convention needs such as ad hoc meeting space, congress center meeting space, all A/V, F&B, livestreaming needs, lead retrieval and other tasks requested by client
- Manages all components of External Engagements for Client Executives and Congress attendees. Works closely with stakeholder on providing meeting schedule updates in real time
- Oversees all Transfer of Value Reporting, HCP Travel Arrangements (where necessary), HCP Communications (where necessary)
- Participates in weekly calls with Client Stakeholders and Account Team. Provides pre-meeting agenda and send follow up notes within 24 hours
- Travels on site as needed. Provides onsite support including: arranging signage, dinner reservations, transportation for special functions, adjusts complaints, and performs other duties to promote goodwill.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (Canadian Positions: Accommodations will be made, up to undue hardship, for employees that advise accommodation is required pursuant to the prohibited grounds of the human rights legislation.)
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in Meeting and Event Management, Hospitality Management, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred; and 2+ years’ similar experience in convention or congress planning; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) designation preferred
- Must have Pharmaceutical Convention or Congress/Meeting experience
- Proficiency with Cvent registration software preferred
- Experience with Convention and/or Congress planning, as well as Housing Bureaus is highly desirable.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be proactive, logical, efficient, effective and exhibit the ability to multi-task, sell, and operate under severe time constraints and immovable deadlines
- Must be well organized with superior attention to detail and demonstrate the ability accurately and promptly follow-up with clients and internal Account Team
- Must be passionate about working with people and be customer-centric
- Must be able to develop excellent rapport with existing and prospective clients
- Effective communication skills are required: including the ability to make effective presentations; prepare written documentation including proposals, quotations and letters; maintain accurate and complete client and project files
- Experience in the event marketing or a creative solutions-based agency
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial and independent environment. This position is suited to a self-motivated, professional person who can work with a variety of individuals with confidence, diplomacy and tact
- Embodies flexibility, open-mindedness and receptivity
- Actively works out solutions; anticipates and rectifies potential issues before the arise
- Identifies something valuable in being part of a team and ability to effectively collaborate
- Must have a good “business sense”, professional demeanor and attitude.
Impact XM Benefits
Impact XM offers a comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Commuter Plans, 401(k), Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay as well as competitive salaries and the opportunity for growth within our exciting industry.