- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 3 Years
- Education Certificate
The Senior Internal Auditor will lead financial, operational, compliance, and strategic audits for all companies within the Heico portfolio. This position reports to the Manager of Internal Audit and is located at our corporate office at 27501 Bella Vista Parkway, Warrenville, IL 60555.
- Facilitate and participate in all phases of financial, operational, compliance and strategic audits, including planning, scheduling, execution and oversight of testing, summarization of results, report preparation and follow-up with management on effective and timely remediation.
- Perform audit activities to ensure timely completion and to maximize efficiency of audit approach.
- Analyze data to understand trends and risk patterns and recommend adjustments to the audit processes based on results of analytics.
- Assist Internal Audit management to identify internal control and financial statement risks as well as business process improvement opportunities; develop plans appropriate to address risks and opportunities in a timely fashion.
- Actively seek opportunities to develop new audit processes or implement improvements to existing audit processes to enhance overall effectiveness of the Company’s audit department.
- Keep abreast of Finance team priorities and initiatives as well as Heico business unit, and Internal Audit Industry developments to ensure audit activities and plans are responsive to organizational needs and follow the most recent best practices.
- Assist with special projects as designated by the Internal Audit management team or Executive Management. This may include, but is not limited to, process or control redesign, fraud analysis, consultation on system implementation, investigation of potential non-compliance, etc.
- Communicate audit results and ensure that results are understood, presented fairly, properly documented, and appropriate action plans are put into place and agreed upon by management.
- Support annual external financial audits of the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Assist merger and acquisition efforts through due diligence support and post-closing integration process.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Preferred CPA and/or CIA
- 2-5 years in public accounting and/or 2-5 years in internal audit, preferably in a large manufacturing company
- Knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditors’Internal Audit Standards and Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of generally accepted auditing principles, practices, and theory
- Self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Familiarity with MS SharePoint, PowerApps, Power BI, and IDEA (data mining software) a plus
- Experience working in team environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 30-50% travel, including international
- Fluency in Spanish or French or Mandarin a plus