- Career Level Other
- Experience 5 Years
- Education Certificate
SENIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
The Product Development Engineer will utilize engineering knowledge in the development of new products for the Industrial Solutions segment globally. Products include hazardous gas and odor control, volatile organic compounds abatement, particulate filtration/purification, separators, and ventilation. The ideal candidate is an innovator with a strong creative mind and a track record of developing differentiated product solutions as compared to competition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Applies theory and principles of mechanical design to modify, test, and develop Air Quality components and systems.
• Maintain documentation (manuals, regulatory, design history file) for the new product development stage gate process.
• Utilize tools such as Design of Experiments (DOE) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) as part of the development cycle.
• Review the intellectual property landscape and support the creation of patents.
• Maintains technical competency and remains current in technology and changes in the industries the organization serves.
• Actively seeks out, researches, and evaluates new technologies for air quality to align with the Brand Strategy.
• Travel as necessary to support the division at customer sites, vendor facilities, and testing activities.
• Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years of product development with electro-mechanical devices such as cyclones, scrubbers, thermal oxidizers, NOx burners, and control systems.
• ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
• High temperature refractory systems, NFPA.
• Material evaluation and selection (metallics, elastomers, polymers, ceramics, coatings).
• Particle transport and separation for industrial applications (filtration, slurry transport, particle capture).
• Computer simulation (FEA/CFD) of metallics, polymers, and particle transport.
• Metal fabrication such as stamping, rolling, cutting, surface treatments, and welding.
• Innovative thinker, ability to generate new concepts that differentiate within the market.
• Proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously and executing on time and to budget.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A team player with a bias for action and driving projects to completion.
• Applications experience in electronics, pharmaceutical, battery, transportation, chemicals, metals, building products, energy, textiles, or food and beverage industries.
• Proficient in the use of SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD software.
• Demonstrated problem solving capability.
• Six Sigma and Lean experience; preferred.
• Flexibility to work different schedules as needed to meet strict deadlines.
• MS Office Suite; required.
• Travel as necessary, 10-20%
CECO Environmental offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and more.
CECO Environmental is an EEO and E-Verify Employer. We sincerely appreciate your interest and will carefully evaluate your qualifications for employment. Be assured your opportunity for employment with our company will be based only on your merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, or any other factor unrelated to job requirements.