Career Level Entry Level
Experience 5 Years
As a member of Stenograph’s Product Management team, you will help shape the future and vision of our software offerings. Stenograph Product Managers are responsible for leading the charge on new product conceptualization, building a business case, development and launch as well as post launch enhancements for products. The Sr. Product Manager maintains close relationships with the market (customers and prospects) for awareness of the evolving business needs of the market.
As the Sr. Product Manager for platform, you will be responsible for creating design requirements, a cohesive product roadmap and for driving performance to the sales and profit plans of a new software platform. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Product Management.
- Create and drive the overall strategy of the software platform to achieve sales and profit growth
- Conduct market research to deepen understanding of customers and problems across all customer use cases
- Drive insights on the markets and segments in which software products compete; stay abreast of industry trends, events, and channels to anticipate customer needs
- Understand the market landscape including competition, technology, and how our platform fits within the broader ecosystem
- Drive the vision for the platform, ensuring that all engineering and design teams understand intended application use of the platform, to facilitate a sound design, with a strong focus on user experience
- Create requirements based on market understanding while identifying cross-product dependencies and relative priority with other product managers
- Develop and manage a multi-year platform roadmap
- Lead platform pricing, commercial decisions, and overall software platform P&L management
- Own the complete product life cycle for the software platform
- Collaborate with development and design teams to prioritize requirements and turn into designs
- Work with Development, Engineering, Ops, IT and Customer Service to ensure platform launches on time and to quality targets
- Collaborate with marketing team to create and execute marketing content, materials, new product launch, and go-to-market plans
- Work with sales team to ensure commercial success of the platform and meet revenue and profitability targets
- Understand Stenograph’s business strategy and operational constraints to ensure platform development meets company objectives
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- 5-8+ years of experience in product management
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering; MBA a plus
- Direct experience with project management
- Interest in learning from and working with customers
- Ability to travel 20%
- Entrepreneurial drive to take ownership of our marketing/product strategy and execution to achieve our growth goals
- Strong leadership skills – must be able to work across departments
- Demonstrated success building/managing technology products including new, existing, or legacy products
- Experience leading cross-functional teams with Product Management, Design, Engineering, IT, Operations, Program Management, Marketing, Sales and Customer Support
- An experienced influencer with the ability to collaborate well in a matrixed environment having multiple stakeholders
- Ability and tendency to balance the value of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and communicate clearly across the organization.