- Career Level Director
- Experience 8 Years +
- Education Associate
Responsible for a strategic systems-approach to TPC clinical performance improvement initiatives and member led efforts to decrease costs, facilitate change, reduce variation and wastes and elevate stakeholder engagements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works closely with the President & CEO to develop strategic direction for organization and key member initiatives.
2. Provides strategic direction and in-depth expertise on clinical performance improvement initiatives.
3. Develops and establishes broad scale, long term business objectives, goals and projects.
4. Negotiates contracts with business partners on performance improvement initiatives.
5. Lead and engage Clinical Steering Committee and related PI Committees.
6. Establishes new and innovative business objectives and strategies for future business growth and development.
7. Demonstrates holistic perspective of member situation through a comprehensive understanding of internal member data combined with external market trends to generate compelling insights that influence executive-level decision making.
8. Creates function/practice strategy and leads development of new products/services by consulting and supporting leadership, business development and innovation activities.
9. Monitors execution of large-scale programs against scope, schedule, budget and expected results.
10. Takes immediate action to address at-risk or struggling projects.
11. Effectively communicates status of overall business transformation to the most senior stakeholders.
12. Defines and tracks performance against C-level members and TPC leadership expectations.
13. Seamlessly addresses the most difficult TPC member relationships issues.
14. Responsible for People Development and Teamwork:
Leads a visible, multi-disciplinary project team of initiatives; creates collaborative, high performing teams.
Sets direction in the business unit with vision and passionate about the business.
Manages business unit to deliver performance goals.
Demonstrates a natural, charismatic leadership style which inspires and motivates other to align with vision and perform at optimal levels.
Creates a learning environment in business unit by ensuring opportunities for individual development (e.g., training, job assignments)
Coaches other leaders on how to best make difficult decisions
Identifies, teaches and build future leaders
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
2. Fifteen years of healthcare experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
3. Ten years of Strategic Consulting in a large healthcare performance improvement environment.
4. Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, trends and information affecting healthcare.
5. Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
6. Provides current, direct, complete and actionable feedback to others.
7. Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings.
8. Proactive and acts to achieve goals beyond what is required.
9. Creates and communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose.
10. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
11. Can maneuver through complex political situations effectively.
12. Projects how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
13. Skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications, including but not limited to intermediate knowledge of the following Microsoft products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Travel is required.