Career Level Other
Experience 5 Years
With a position at Electrosonic Inc., you join a team that provides cutting-edge solutions for world-class projects. Electrosonic is made up of passionate, super-smart, energetic people, who will challenge and inspire you every day. Do you want to be part of something exciting and unique? Then please join us!
We are looking for a Service Onsite Technician located at our client site in San Diego. This position reports directly to the Program Manager – Service Onsite Support, Operations.
In this role, you will provide full time on-site technical service and maintenance support for a high-end Electrosonic Inc. client. The selected candidate may also participate in installations and commissioning of projects from time to time.
What you will be doing?
- Provide on-site first line, emergency and preventative service to our client. Requires extensive troubleshooting abilities, replacing and/or repairing many types of Audio, Video & Control systems and related equipment.
- Provide live show event support including operation and maintenance of microphones, loudspeakers, mixing consoles, video cameras, cables, etc.
- Provide white-glove AV and multimedia support for video-conference rooms across client campus locations ensuring highest level of successful meetings.
- Daily equipment checks to ensure equipment is operational. Management of daily check schedules.
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly preventive maintenance and dusting of designated exhibits & rack room areas.
- Video projector lamp changes and proper disposal or recycling of lamps as required.
- Manage and maintain spare AV equipment and consumables inventory including communicating to client when consumable/spare equipment levels reach re-ordering point as determined by customer.
- Arrange for product returns and/or exchanges with the service department.
- Assist in training of client’s staff and new staff who typically operate these systems on daily basis.
- Provide technical phone support (e.g. answer questions, troubleshoot suggestions) to customer.
- Provide all documentation in a timely manner (e.g. material and labor reports, preventative maintenance reports, expense reports, job costing records, timesheets etc.)
- Perform other activities and responsibilities as directed by the client but within the scope of AV.
- Communicate effectively with the Electrosonic Managers and Service team.
- Accountable for the overall customer satisfaction of the site’s AV systems.
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
- Excellent understanding of AV systems with strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Always presents a positive image of self and company.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written especially with respect to clients, vendors and equipment manufacturers.
- Ability to read and comprehend site drawings, schematics, and training manuals.
- Ability to operate multi-meter, and other related industry test equipment.
- Computer literate e.g. Windows, MS Word, MS Excel and scheduling programs, as well as an excellent understanding of computer functionality.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable working at heights and on ladders & mechanical lift systems and
- Certifications in Aerial work platform, OSHA-10 or OSHA-30, Certified Technology Specialist a plus.
What experience & qualifications are required?
- Technical degree/certificate or equivalent job experience.
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Special consideration will be given to applicants with proven knowledge in:
- Multi-projector edge-blended digital video systems
- Computer & AV Networking
- AV Show Control Systems such as AMX, Crestron, Medialon or Watchout
- Video Conference hardware and software applications
- Computer interactive systems
- Valid driver’s license. Good driving record
- Provide your own hand tools including multi-meter
- Must pass drug screening & background check