- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Certificate
- Job Description
- Sands, preps and cleans all materials that require painting.
- Mixes paints as per specifications.
- Serves as liaison betweeny damages to materials prior to painting. paint crew and supervisor.
- Responsible for training new personnel and new procedures.
- Supervises and directs a paint crew.
- Paints large metal buildings, doors, miscellaneous metal parts, ect consistently and accurately without dry streaks / runs, or sags with airless sprayer / HVLP.
- Repairs any damages to materials prior to painting with bondo, jb weld ect.Requirements
- Must be highly skilled in the application of all types of paint using a brush, roller, cup spray guns, pressure pot spray equipment, airless spray equipment and be able to fully use, clean and maintain all paint equipment.
- Must perform all work at a high-quality level with minimal rejects.
- Completion of an industrial painting course or background in industrial painting required.
- Time in service as a spray painter.
- Must be able to lead a crew to complete the assigned job tasks and pass QA inspections.
- Must demonstrate the ability to select the proper application method for the paint and the surface to be painted.