Experience 5 Years
Responsible for strategic sourcing activities for AliMed and related companies. This will include working with and leading cross-functional teams to identify sources of supply, qualify and obtain materials, components, or finished goods needed to support product launches. Identifies alternative suppliers for key product lines / products. Negotiates advantageous terms, pricing, and delivery for key items as part of the Product Cost Reduction initiatives.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Locate, evaluate, negotiate, and select suppliers and potential suppliers to gain the best quality, cost and delivery of purchased material consistent with required standards.
- Puts programs & world-class standard processes in place to mitigate supply risk and optimize business requirements.
- Provide commodity and supplier leadership through proactive pursuit of Low Cost Region (LCR) sourcing, formal supply agreements, Vendor owned Management Inventory (VMI), Supplier Rationalization/Optimization, and Supplier Risk Management activities.
- Prepare and issue RFQ’s, or solicit pricing as needed, negotiating price and delivery terms. Must be able to analyze bids and quotations for accuracy/cost reduction opportunities, and able to summarize results to recommend a sourcing strategy/decision.
- Drafts, Executes, and Manages supply agreements across commodities, suppliers, products, and services.
Supplier Management and Development
- Develops strategic partnerships with preferred suppliers to ensure business objectives are met.
- Works closely with Quality, Manufacturing, and Product Development to monitor and correct all supplier non-conformance issues; participates in cross-functional teams to identify and resolve problems or improve process and ensure financial recovery where appropriate
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement, including supplier visits, interviews and QBRs.
- Responsible for supplier management including performance reporting and corrective action as required.
- Control the levels of inventory on assigned group of parts / products by ensuring planning parameters are accurately maintained in the ERP system. This includes cost, lead time, safety stock, and minimum and multiple order quantities.
- Participates in the “Sales Inventory Operations Planning” process.
- Drives excess and obsolescence evaluation that supports the identification of appropriate inventory coding.
- Ability to drive sourcing savings through programs including consignment and CMI type programs.
- Focus on outsourcing and low-cost region sourcing is paramount.
- Negotiate cost reduction opportunities available by employing techniques of price/cost analysis, negotiations, strategic sourcing and value engineering vs. buy.
- Assist in accounting discrepancies and pricing variance reports as directed by the Procurement Manager.
- Coordinate with suppliers on Engineering Change Orders and properly document purchase orders to maintain accurate record and communicate cost accordingly.
- Analyzes material cost impact on the business and develops appropriate response.
- Participates in every aspect of supply chain management to maintain a reliable and cost competitive source of supply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management / Logistics, or Engineering
- 5+ years manufacturing commodity purchasing, sourcing, and/or supply chain management
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or APICS Certification a plus
- ERP systems experience a plus
- Experience with medical products preferred