Experience 5 Years
Perform analysis and design of CGIT supporting structures including civil foundation loads, and provide technical oversight of project design issues from inception to completion
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned):
- Design of HVBS support structures and calculating civil foundation loads in accordance with customer specifications and industry standards.
- Perform original design work and maintain compliance to standards of design for the HVBS product line or special products.
- Work closely with vendors and HVBS Purchasing to develop and qualify new vendors for HVBS support structures.
- Writes reports as required for internal and external documentation of activities.
- Specific Technical responsibilities may include.
- Structural support design and analysis using STAAD or other program
- Detailed custom mechanical design to support specific customer requirements
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Calculations
- Review quotes, proposals, and purchase orders to identify design requirements and to ensure technical accuracy and appropriate pricing
- Develop design schedules for each project and monitor progress
- Coordinate project design activities including civil design, steel fabrication, and meetings
- Resolve project design & warranty issues with customers, and respond to customer comments on drawings
- Review customer drawings and internal drawings to ensure that all are in accordance with design requirements; identify corrections (“red-line”) as needed
- Identify changes in project scope, and initiate requests for change orders as necessary
- Review and verify material identified as necessary for project fabrication
- Review and verify shipping Bills of Material for accuracy and completeness
- Identify, develop, and implement improvements to the design process (e.g., improve bill of materials structure, develop standard designs, etc.)
- Equipment Used: General office equipment (telephone, computer, fax, copier, etc.)
- Certificates, licenses, and registrations: Registered Professional Engineer preferred
- Knowledge/Skills: Able to use common word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Familiar with AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit.
- Education/Experience: Minimum BSME with 5 years experience in the design of support structures for piping or equivalent mechanical systems.