- Career Level Individual Contributor
- Experience 5 Years
- Education Associate
Purpose / General Description: Manage front-end supply chain activities including BOM (bill-of-material) reviews, purchasing, on-time part supply delivery, and supplier quality. Contribute to new product development activities by leading make/buy analyses, and supplier bid and selection processes. Seek to continuously improve supply chain purchasing processes, meet customer needs, and improve performance in Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Value Stream teams by;
- Lead purchasing efforts for materials, parts, and component finishing including direct and indirect materials; monitor delivery timeliness.
- Work with Production team to monitor supply of parts to the production facility.
- Monitor internal demand characteristics and work with suppliers to prevent shortages.
- Work with Materials Leader to communicate materials demand changes in order to adjust internal materials systems as necessary.
- Work with Supply Chain Continuous Improvement Engineer and Quality Leader to monitor supplier performance to identify areas in need of improvement; lead efforts to partner with suppliers to bring performance to acceptable levels.
- Lead make/buy analyses and supplier selection processes using a cross functional team approach with the proper analysis to select the best total cost alternative.
- Seek out materials cost savings by investigating improvement opportunities with current suppliers, investigating alternate suppliers, and leveraging purchasing strengths.
- Continuously work to improve supply chain processes.
- Associate’s degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in supply chain and procurement activities.
- Basic understanding of lean manufacturing: 5S, TAKT, Std. Work, Kanban, Visual Mgt.
- Basic understanding of drawings, dimensioning, tolerances, and measuring techniques.
- Basic understanding of statistical methods related to the manufacturing field.
- Strong computer skills to build and utilize analysis tools in MS Excel; use of MRP system.
- Ability to use Access; build reports and query’s is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think in terms of “systems” and work creatively to improve them.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and communicate effectively within a team.
- Good communication and organization skills with a positive attitude.