- Career Level Other
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Diploma
When an entire city needs to be rendered into a 3D model, utilities buried deep under soil need to be uncovered, highly complex infrastructure projects need to be implemented and even when crime scene investigation needs to be documented – that’s Leica Geosystems, part of Hexagon. More than 5,200 employees in 33 countries help us develop the latest technologies for Reality Capture, survey and measurement.
The successful candidate will be part of the Training and Support team for mobile mapping systems within the M3D regional selling unit. With the primary focus of the role in customer support – providing technical support to new and existing customers and sales staff where needed. This opportunity represents an excellent challenge for an individual to come into a fast-developing business and to gather a solid foundation in a fast-growing technology space.
Support Specialist – Mobile Mapping (M3D) – (US/CAN)
What You Get To Do
- Answer and respond to customer hardware, software and workflow support needs; via phone calls, virtual remote sessions and email
- Resolve directly with the customer or with escalation to global (BU) support as needed
- Provide support to sales for hardware and software needs related to successful customer demonstrations
- Content creation for virtual training and online learning
- Interaction and strong communications between the customer and the regional M3D service team for repairs, calibrations, and other service items
- Occasional execution of customer training for Leica Pegasus’s mobile mapping systems – including vehicle mounting, basic operation, data post-processing, use of Pegasus’s software solution.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Laser scanner knowledge
- Mobile mapping Knowledge
- Project knowledge from the consultant level
- CAD system knowledge – 2D, 3D
- Topography knowledge including GNSS theory, datum, datum conversions, coordinate system
- Surveying understanding and surveying procedures
- Understanding and ability to extract deliverable features from LiDAR data
- Basic photogrammetry understanding
- Basic understanding of the relation of IMUs, GNSS, and time (trajectories)
- Excellent Communication Skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Greater than three years of experience in surveying or a similar role, more than three years’ experience in laser scanning or photogrammetry.
- Preferred at least one plus years of mobile mapping experience
- Preferred experience with technical support, or technical training
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Technical degree or higher.
Language: primary English, preference of French or Spanish as second languages
Travel Requirements : 4-8 times per year
Physical Requirements: Ability to maneuver a Pegasus: Two (Ultimate) (~95 lbs) around with the help of a second person, and on a vehicle or other mobile platform for mounting. Must be comfortable lifting. Able to carry 30 lbs on your back via a Pegasus: Backpack style instrument.
#shapesmartchange – We are the perfect platform for you to realize your full potential, contribute your ideas and shape smart change.
Leica Geosystems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to considering all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
- If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at AccessibilityForJobSeekers@leicaus.com or you may call us at (800) 367-9453 (Voice).
These telephone lines and the email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.