- Career Level Other
- Experience 5 Years
- Education Undergraduate
Summary: Responsible for the design & engineering of an audio-visual and network-based project from concept to implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform a thorough review of customer requirements and design the appropriate audio, video, and networked solution.
· Conduct site surveys and needs analysis meetings as required.
· Assist Account Executives with the development of project scopes.
· Create a final equipment list based on project requirements.
· Responsible for generating Project Technical Documentation per Bluewater design and engineering standards to include:
o Architectural plans to reflect floor, ceiling, electrical & mechanical requirements.
o System wiring diagrams.
o Equipment rack elevations.
o Cable legend and wiring labels for inter-area wiring.
o The technical scope of work document.
o Vendor-specific worksheets for proper product configuration and approval.
· Conduct design reviews according to ISO standards.
· Responsible for supporting Operational staff to ensure proper and effective system installation.
· Serve as a resource for the AV technical staff.
· Provide field support on service technical issues when called upon.
· Act as a company representative when called upon for interaction with both end-users and manufacturing partners.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the A/V and/or IT industries.
· A minimum of 2 years working in Design & Engineering capacity.
· A degree from a technical institute, college or university.
· Computer skills such as:
o General knowledge in using drawing programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Visio, or VidCAD
o Microsoft Office Suite
o Manufacturer support configuration tools
· AVIXA CTS, CTS-I, CTS-D certifications preferred
· CompTIA Network+ is a plus
· A/V industry manufacturer product training & certifications.
· Demonstrate advanced product knowledge of pro audio, video, projection, LED display & control systems.
· Product knowledge of Unified Communications integrated audio & video conferencing systems, and network-based signal distribution.
· General understanding of electrical & mechanical engineering fundamentals.