- Career Level Other
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Undergraduate
EXFO develops smarter network test, monitoring and analytics solutions for the world’s leading telecommunications service providers, network equipment manufacturers and webscale companies—and we love what we do! With nearly 1,900 employees in more than 25 countries, EXFO is no. 1 worldwide in fiber optic test solutions and has the largest active assurance deployment. Our broad portfolio of intelligent hardware and software solutions enable our customer’s network transformations related to fiber, 5G, virtualization and big data analytics. We’re always looking for top talent to help us lead the way in a thriving industry with boundless opportunities.
EXFO has an important R&D department in Valencia (Spain) focused on the development of Applications & Analytics solutions for Mobile operators. Its mission is to develop leading-edge 24×7 real-time solutions providing analytics, geolocation and optimization capabilities to Mobile Operators around the world maximizing network assets and customer experience.
EXFO Spain is looking for an enthusiastic Telecom engineer to bring their knowledge, ideas and experience to join our R&D team in a full-time, permanent position in Valencia. In this role, you will be working in a multinational environment with the most advanced technologies and will contribute actively to develop new methods and processes to improve software delivery agility.
What you’ll do
- Define/Refine telecom product features and requirementsData model, KPIs, algorithms, user interface, use cases, network topology, call trace processing, etc.
- Provide innovative solutions to market needs coming from internal and/or external customers
- Prototype/Validate algorithms and features before development (when possible)
- Participate in the definition of the Telecom Validation strategy for the product
- Telecom validation of the product (new features and regression) and generation of validation reports
- Provide Technical Documentation
- Interface with development teams for development and validation tasks
- Interface with other Product Units to coordinate transversal requirements and dependenciesProvide L3-Telecom / L4 support
- Provide support for product-oriented technical questions to internal (Product/Business/Sales) and external customersterface with Professional Services for the definition of new products and services
- Research activities in new technologies, methodologies and architecture
What we’re looking for
- Deep Knowledge of Radio Access Technologies: 2G, 3G; 4G, (5G)3GPP signaling
- Deep knowledge in Network Optimization
- Good command of mathematical skills for the definition of advanced optimization algorithms
- Good communication skills
Pertinent experience: Minimun 2 years of experience
Language requirements: Fluent in English (verbal and written).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Telecomunication Engineering.