Career Level Other
Experience 3 Years
Red Lion Controls, an operating company of Spectris, is undergoing a period of significant change and growth. An organization with a significant and exciting foothold in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) space, Red Lion has historically been dependent on a wide network of distributors to reach its end customers. With plans to double or possibly triple in size over the next three years through both organic and inorganic growth, Territory Account Managers (TAM) will be on the forefront of driving this growth.
Reporting to a Senior Director of Sales, the TAM will contribute to profitable revenue growth in an assigned geographic territory. Initial emphasis will be to partner with Sales Area Managers and develop a strategic marketing plan to build corporate and OEM relationships in the assigned territory.
Red Lion Controls has a solid reputation for quality products but has a relatively low market share compared to its largest competitors. Occupying an enviable space in the industrial networking and automation market, Red Lion is very profitable but can improve performance with longer-term thinking as it relates to customer acquisition. Therefore, the opportunities The TAM will be incentivized through revenue growth and new business.
In addition to being able to drive growth in both channel-served and direct accounts, the TAM will have an integral role in pursuing a more solutions-focused sale vs. our historical focus on focusing only on products. A substantial shift in thinking, this new approach will require a much more holistic selling approaching and understanding of the voice of the customer to be successful. The ability to understand customer needs, to recognize additional opportunities beyond the initial “sale” and the knowledge to leverage internal and available Red Lion resources to win design opportunities is critical.
Essential Job Functions
- This position will be responsible and accountable to establish new business with OEMs, End Users, and SIs in the designated territory
- Understand and execute a strategic plan designed to exceed growth targets and achieve Red Lion’s strategic objectives.
- Engage Field Application Engineers in a territory plan to drive growth and maximize customer satisfaction.
- First level contact/facilitator of the customer relationship.
- Quickly learn Red Lion’s competitive positioning and provide regular feedback to sales and marketing management.
- Team player who consistently is striving to maximize Red Lion’s success both within and beyond the assigned territory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, marketing, or related subject
- 3+ year’s sales experience in industrial solutions or technical sales direct to customer or through OEMs
- Direct selling experience to end accounts in the industrial / factory / IoT automation industry
- Must be able to obtain documentation to travel domestically either via air, car or train. Must have reliable ground transportation, as the main customer visits will be done via ground transportation.
- Proficiency with the English language both written and verbal communication.
- Must have the ability to work out of a home office
- 30-50% travel expectations, primarily driving with occasional air travel
- Driving is a requirement of this position so a clean driving record will be required
Endorse, support and model the Company’s core values of:
- Absolute Integrity
- Customer Focus
- Restless Innovation
- High Performance
Red Lion Controls is committed to recruiting and selecting candidates based on their qualifications. We are a proud EEO employer and will hire, train and promote individuals regardless of age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable laws.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 year(s): OEM Sales
- Sales and Business Development
- Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.