- Career Level Manager
- Experience 8 Years +
- Education Certificate
Essential Job Functions
- Establishes test engineering projects related to NPI and Manufacturing continuous improvements. Sets realistic goals for Test Engineers and assists them in the achievement of those goals.
- Justifies manufacturing automated test capital equipment.
- Assesses, plans, and implements Automated Test Equipment (ATE) systems platform design to ensure proper system capacity, viable technology life cycles, selection of equipment and software to meet product family features and functions.
- Develops monthly reports and corrective action plans if needed.
- Responsible for enforcing and embodying product quality.
- Ensures reliability & maximum service up-time of all active test equipment.
- Performs research, develops new test technologies, and approves the new methods of test engineering.
- Responsible to evaluate and change the effectiveness of engineering discipline.
- Manages and controls expenditures relating to test engineering.
- Responsible for initial training of new employees within the test engineering department.
- The Test Engineering Manager is expected to supervise, delegate, problem solve, and conflict resolve for the test engineering department. Manages/influences 10-15 direct and indirect employees
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering or related discipline; or a combination of Associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology with work-related experience
- 10 years of related work experience; 2 years in a leadership role preferred
- 3+ years of Engineering experience in electronic hardware and software.
- 3+ years of working knowledge of Test application software such as National Instruments LabView. Teststand, GeoTest ATEasy or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate reasoning ability to solve practical problems
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skill to effectively interface with Upper Management and co-workers
Tools and Equipment Necessary
- Electronic test & calibration equipment
- Use of general hand tools