- Career Level Individual Contributor
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Diploma
The technical support engineer’s primary role is to be the trusted technical interface to end customers. You’ll provide technical support to customers and partners through our online helpdesk, as well as through email and over the phone. Using your experience supporting our customers, as well as the knowledge from senior engineers, you will update, create, and maintain articles in our online helpdesk.
Areas of responsibility include
• Document field issues and create knowledge base of troubleshooting techniques for support engineers and end customers.
• Create online troubleshooting tips and help articles based on existing product documentation. • Receive incoming product support tickets from customers.
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting via the web/chat/phone.
• Use web-based ticketing system to receive, respond to, and update tickets.
• Initial triaging/troubleshooting issues and escalation when appropriate.
• Work closely with internal team to review common tickets and issue escalation.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with system/applications support or similar technical support.
• Excellent communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to break down issue and generate the step-by-step instructions for troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of PC and OS including Windows, iOS, macOS and or Linux/ChromeOS.
• Ability to independently troubleshoot complex problems with minimal supervision.
• Highly organized and detail oriented with issue reporting.
• Customer service minded with a “here to help” attitude.
• Ability to live and work in the designated city without requiring sponsorship.
Highly desired if
• Experience with technical writing/creating self-help content for end users.
• Experience with website editing tools, HTML5/HTML and general Web 2.0 techniques.
• Understanding of 802.11 wireless and network hardware or software.
• Have background in supporting public sectors like Enterprise or Educational customers.
• CompTIA A+ or similar networking cert.
• Associate degree in IT or Computer Science/Engineering, or related technology field, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training.