Career Level Entry Level
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Come grow with us!
Company Description: FDH Infrastructure Services is an industry leader in engineering, construction, and field services for critical structures and facilities. Markets served include telecommunications, heavy civil, power, industrial, commercial, and government. Our continued success is directly linked to the knowledge and experience of our talented staff. FDH is a team-oriented, performance-driven organization, committed to safety, quality, and professional integrity. Our work culture fosters continuous learning and innovation to improve our products, services, and business processes. We work hard for our customers and enjoy having fun together. Come grow with us!
Enjoy Great Benefits: FDH provides a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan with company match. Flexible time-off plans encourage a healthy work/life balance for all employees. Wellness activities are promoted throughout the year.
*FDH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
This position maintains and constructs broadcast towers, requiring extensive travel and the ability to climb to heights up to 2000 feet.
- Performs general repairs, maintenance, upgrades and modifications to towers and other structures as directed
- Picks-up/delivery of supplies, tools, equipment, components, etc., utilizing Company vehicle
- Efficiently prioritizes and performs job requirements and activities based on open communication with the field personnel and management personnel
- Effectively utilizes available resources, technology, and tools to complete work
- Adheres to all driving requirements as determined by State and Federal legislation
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as additional legal regulatory requirements (i.e., OSHA).
- Maintains company vehicle in a clean and presentable condition
- Properly follows all safety procedures and policies
- Maintain safety and quality standards
- Ability to travel extensively out of state and for extended periods of time (travel required is 95% to include weekends and overnight).
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor while representing FDH
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Good analytical and computer skills; strong technical, written, and oral communication
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Demonstrate the willingness to learn
- Physical ability and the willingness to climb towers in excess of 500 ft.
- Physical ability to carry 50+ lbs and be comfortable working in an outdoor environment in all types of weather
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with workers, other department employees, and general public.
- Some ability to read and translate blueprints and sketches
- Ability to obtain applicable tower climbing certifications
- Ability to travel extensively out of state and for extended periods of time (travel required is 95% to include weekends and overnight)
- Ability to be covered by company auto insurance plan (e.g. Good Driving Record – No DUIs or suspensions within the last 5 years and no more than two traffic violations (with less than 3 points in a violation) in the last three years)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSURES, REGISTRATIONS
Mental demands may include reading (documents or instruments), detailed work, confidentiality, problem-solving, language, training, math skills, reasoning skills, oral communication, written communication, customer contact, ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions.
Physical ability to lift 50 + lbs. and be comfortable working at height in an outdoor environment. Physical demands involved in performing functions may include – bending at waist, lifting, carrying, pushing, reaching, twisting, writing, driving, sitting, standing (particularly for long periods) hearing, handling (holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands) fingering (picking, pinching or otherwise working with fingers – filing activities), and walking.
Broadcast tower construction and maintenance sites including new construction, modification, painting, inspection and antenna and line installation.