- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Certificate
Company Description: FDH Infrastructure Services is an industry leader in engineering, construction, and field services for critical structures and facilities. Markets served include telecommunications, heavy civil, power, industrial, commercial, and government. Our continued success is directly linked to the knowledge and experience of our talented staff. FDH is a team-oriented, performance-driven organization, committed to safety, quality, and professional integrity. Our work culture fosters continuous learning and innovation to improve our products, services, and business processes. We work hard for our customers and enjoy having fun together. Come grow with us!
Enjoy Great Benefits: FDH provides a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, and a 401(k) plan with company match. Flexible time-off plans encourage a healthy work/life balance for all employees. Wellness activities are promoted throughout the year.
*FDH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor
The Tower Technician III position will perform inspection of, and work on the tower.
- Climb, inspect and work on the tower while adhering to proper safety techniques.
- Climb tower without supervision to perform required job specifications.
- Responsible for top side activities.
- Performs tape drops and photo documentation.
- Installs and routes coaxial and elliptical transmission lines, and installs end connectors.
- Assist in training, project oversite, site safety, signage, meetings, and daily forms.
- Operate job site equipment and company trucks.
- Assist with set up and operation of Capstan and rigging.
- Troubleshoot coaxial cable and elliptical component problem areas.
- Understands and utilizes Crane Signalman.
- Utilizes knowledge of Microwave dish assembly sequence, proper installation and path alignment.
- Perform welding, cutting and other hot work as required.
- Implement engineering requirements of demolition and participate in demolition activities.
- Identifies and maintains jobsite conditions such as tower and facility lighting, housekeeping, site cleanliness and fire protection.
- Review site and materials, and identify major components.
- Handles ropes and ties knots utilized on tower site.
- Perform weather-proofing, color coding and lock out/tag out.
- Ability to travel extensively out of state and for extended periods of time (travel required is 95% to include weekends and overnight).
- Ability to obtain applicable tower climbing certifications
- Ability to be covered by company auto insurance plan (e.g. Good Driving Record – No DUIs or suspensions within the last 5 years and no more than two traffic violations (with less than 3 points in a violation) in the last three years)
- Requires traveling to and working at specific site for up to six weeks at a time, followed by a return to home break.
- Position requires working (6) 9 hour days. Not to exceed 12 hours/day for safety reasons.
- Heavy overnight travel (up to 50%) by land and/or air.
- Adheres to 100% Tie-Off 24×7.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees and outside contacts.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor while representing FDH.
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of FDH .
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Considerable industry experience; Advanced Tower Hand.
- Familiarity with connectors and cables, weatherproofing and color coding, authorized climber, first aid, CPR and AED, HAZCOM GHS, RF and EME awareness, PPE inspection, wear and use, preferred.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Receive guidance with respect to general objectives; in the majority of tasks and projects assigned, determine methods, work sequence, scheduling, and how to achieve objectives of assignments; operate within specific policy.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- OSHA 10 hour course preferred.
- OSHA 30 hour training preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSURES, REGISTRATIONS
- PIM, Fiber and Sweep Certification preferred.
- DOT Certification preferred.
- Mental demands may include reading (documents or instruments), detailed work, confidentiality, problem-solving, language, training, math skills, reasoning skills, oral communication, written communication, customer contact, ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees, multiple concurrent tasks, constant interruptions.
- Ability to climb at least a 250’ telecommunications tower multiple times daily
- Ability to lift, carry, push and pull 75 lbs.
- Able to crouch, kneel, and twist throughout the workday.
- Able to reach, grasp and climb with both hands.
- Able to manipulate equipment and instruments with precise hand and finger movements.
- Environmental working conditions may involve exposure to heat, cold, odor, dampness, dirt, fumes, dust, oil, grease, noise, or vibration. Protective equipment provided if necessary.