- Experience 2 Years
- Education Undergraduate
A Trade Show Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing assigned Impact XM clients as it relates to their Experiential Marketing portfolios. An Account Manager supports Impact XM Account Directors on the strategic aspect of the client relationship and drives the tactical aspects of all project deliverables. The Account Manager takes all appropriate and necessary actions to ensure clients regard Impact XM in high esteem and have significant confidence in the support provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities as outlined in this Job Description may be changed from time to time by Impact XM, as it deems necessary, without further notice to the Employee.
- Support the management of your assigned clients Experiential Marketing portfolio
- Serve as the primary point of contact with Impact XM clients contact on project deliverables
- Engage Global Estimating when required and support estimating efforts where appropriate
- Prepare written correspondence and proposals
- Prepare work back schedules and project plans, communicate action times to supporting personnel, monitor adherence to deadlines
- Possess strong operational knowledge of Impact XM systems, tools & processes as it relates to project workflow, engage and manage effectively
- Drive collaboration with Impact XM Fulfillment Centers, Operational departments & personnel to ensure project deliverables are completed effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate with Impact XM Field Services to effectively manage required show services and schedule Installation & Dismantle labor for your projects
- Observe deadlines, prioritize workload and operate under limited time constraints
- Manage approval processes and ensure all solutions follow abide the show specific rules& regulations
- Act as liaison between clients, agencies, appropriate 3rd parties and all Impact XM departments
- Work effectively and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office in order to prepare client correspondence, proposals and presentations
- Able to manage multiple mid-size clients (each $250K – $500K annualrevenue)
- Consistently demonstrate ability to support problem-solving efforts when challenges or concerns arise
- Recognize and support development of new business opportunities with existing clients
- Build and maintain relationships with the clients that we support
- Elevate new prospect opportunities to sales leadership
- Proactively contribute ideas to projects and regularly make recommendations to client contact and Account Director on how to strengthen our relationships
- Actively participate in internal brainstorming sessions by offering ideas on project deliverables
- Participate in capabilities presentations, sales presentations, pitches and proposal generation for existing client base and prospects
- Clearly represent their client’s needs, while guiding internal teams with their knowledge and insights of the client and the client’s business throughout the project life cycle, from concept development through delivery and final billing
- Manage all account related needs including, but not limited to:
- Show site expectations
- Quality assurance
- Estimating, proposals & invoicing
- Travel approximately 20% of the time, supporting client deliverables
Financial Responsibility / Management
- Maintain and update project information, including financial within Impact XM systems
- Demonstrate project and meeting fiscal responsibility
- Monitor and ensure consistent delivery of ≥40% gross margin on average
- Responsible for estimating repeat projects; working with Global Estimating on new builds, large activations or specialty projects
- Ensure all costs/ items are accounted for within Impact XM systems, client quotes, proposals and invoices
- Review all invoice drafts for accuracy prior to billing
- Follow-up directly with client, as required, to resolve unpaid invoices in a timely fashion
- Contribute to regular business review reports with Account Director
- Train and develop individual skill set, expanding client services, business and marketing expertise
- Resolve problems / conflicts within team within reason
- Complete all work with some supervision and direction
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (Canadian Positions: Accommodations will be made, up to undue hardship, for employees that advise accommodation is required pursuant to the prohibited grounds of the human rights legislation.)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Passionate about working with people and be customer-centric
- Experience in the face-to-face experiential marketing or a creative solutions based agency
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial and independent environment
- Is impervious to limits or road blocks
- Embodies flexibility, open-mindedness and receptivity
- Actively works out solutions
- Identifies something valuable in being part of a team and ability to effectively collaborate
- Effective communication skills are required: including the ability to make effective and persuasive presentations; prepare written documentation including proposals, quotations and letters; maintain accurate and complete client and project files
- Ability to develop excellent rapport with existing and prospective clients
- Demonstrates a good “business sense”
- Exhibits the ability to multi-task, sell, and operate under severe time constraints and deadlines
- Good organization, detail and follow-up skills are required with the ability to manage and reset priorities in a rapidly changing environment
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; and 2+ years’ experience as an Account Coordinator or similar experience successfully executing projects and programs and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Company employees and managers, customers and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time; walk long distances; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (Canadian Positions: Accommodations will be made, up to undue hardship, for employees that advise accommodation is required pursuant to a prohibited ground of the human rights legislation.)
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Impact XM is a global experiential marketing agency that crafts strategic audience engagements by powering brand experiences. Trusted by some of the world’s most respected organizations, the agency has a forty-year heritage of insightful strategy, brilliant creative, smart fulfillment and purposeful metrics across business and consumer trade shows, user conferences, event activations and digital engagements. Headquartered in New Jersey, Impact XM maintains locations in Toronto, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and Zurich.
For more information, go to www.impact-xm.com.