Career Level Entry Level
Experience 2 Years
Microdrones combines expertise in three domains: Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs), Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and image post-processing. We offer integrated solutions that allow our customers to easily collect aerial data that can be processed quickly to generate useful information. Our solutions support various industries in making better decisions and optimizing their operations.
We are looking for a passionate Unmanned System (UAS) Operator to join the Flight Ops team in Vaudreuil. The candidate will be responsible for executing flight operations and providing technical support to customers in the Americas.
- Plan and execute flight operations with the Microdrones UAV systems and payloads. (Photogrammetry, LiDAR, multispectral, thermal) and validate aerial data with software tools (PosPac, UASMaster, Pix 4D, Cloud Compare, etc).
- Conduct demonstrations and provide training to Customers.
- Coordinate with aviation authorities to get flights permissions, system compliances, etc.
- Plan and execute test flights, future products, and prototypes with the development team.
- Document test flights, and record results with accuracy and precision.
- Education in a technical field (aircraft maintenance, electronics, surveying, geodesy, etc.)
- Ability to work hands-on with small UAV systems, including assembly, disassembly, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work outdoors under various temperature and weather conditions.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, Fluent with French and English (speaking / writing), German or Spanish are an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Driver’s license.
- Motivation to travel worldwide for up to 2 weeks duration.
- UAV experience or Pilot’s license.
- Knowledge of Canadian regulatory operations.
- Operating UAVs as a hobbyist or professional pilot will be considered an advantage.
- Experience in aerial surveying, spatial data capture and post-processing an asset.
Microdrones stands for diversity and equal rights. None of the above expressions should be discriminatory in terms of age, sex, ancestry, religion, belief or experience. We confirm that we are pleased to accept all applications from candidates of any age, gender, ancestry, religion, belief or experience.