- Career Level Other
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Diploma
When an entire city needs to be rendered into a 3D model in-flight, utilities buried deep under soil need to be uncovered, highly complex infrastructure projects need to be implemented and even when crime scene investigation needs to be documented – that’s Leica Geosystems, part of Hexagon. More than 5’000 employees in 33 countries help us develop the latest technologies for Reality Capture, survey and measurement.
We are looking for the best and brightest to take our Lawrenceville, GA Customizing department to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in distribution, shipping, picking and packing, paired with technical understanding, you are the perfect person for this role. Customizing survey, measuring and machine control equipment including: loading specific firmware, language files, optional applications, installation of optional hardware, calibration and final testing and preparation for shipment.
Warehouse Customizing Lead ( Lawerenceville, GA )
What You Get To Do
- Oversee the day to day management of the different Team members ensuring objectives are met and the team are operating to an effective level to deliver optimum quality, performance and cost effectiveness.
- Daily operations duties:
- Hardware customizing – Install optional hardware, such as keyboards, EGLs on theodolites.
- Software customizing – Load instrument firmware, set up language, load optional application programs. Configure instrument parameters for local use.
- Attach all necessary labels, complete instrument hit: per work instructions
- Test equipment per work instructions and test protocol.
- Configure software dongles, create software codes, obtain upgrades via Internet.
- Packing of configured goods based on customer orders.
- Maintaining cleanliness for both customizing stocking area / workstations
- Collaboration in cross-functional and cross-divisional projects
- Assisting the warehouse in picking, packing, receiving shipments, and routine cleaning which may also include other intercompany (HDS, service, procurement, customer service, etc.) special projects
- Lead and manage the daily activity levels and performance by identifying and monitoring the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) adjusting work priorities and assignments to ensure schedules are met and efficiency is improved.
- Actively participate in the Global Logistics Community, driving new improvements, contributing in projects and ensuring alignment with the Global Logistics strategy and objectives.
- Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork as well as leading the team in capability development and training, ensuring a sustainable talent pool.
- During Month end, Q end (March, June, September and December) last two weeks of the mentioned months have vacation restrictions.
- Q End also may require working extended operation hours which may also include holidays, Saturday, and or Sunday.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Distribution Center Manager.
Our Ideal Candidate
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position with ability to lead and manage teams.
- Initiator of ideas with excellent problem-solving analytical skills and ability to improve processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with previous experience working in a diverse and multicultural work environment.
- Good communications skills with the ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Basic ERP knowledge & SAP WM or another RF WMS.
- Experienced MS Office user in the following applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Good mechanical skills, good eyesight and computer knowledge. Attention to details and thoroughness.
- Operate forklift/ pallet jack.
- Can lift more than 50 Lbs. daily
- Customer Focus
- Achieving Results
- Passion and Commitment
#shapesmartchange – We are the perfect platform for you to realize your full potential, contribute your ideas and shape smart change.
Leica Geosystems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to considering all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.
- If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at AccessibilityForJobSeekers@leicaus.com or you may call us at (800) 367-9453 (Voice).
These telephone lines and the email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.