- Career Level Other
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Diploma
Founded in 1986, Synagro Technologies, Inc. provides environmentally sustainable solutions for commercial and municipal organizations that generate organic by-products. Synagro consistently transforms industrial and municipal waste into environmentally friendly resources that benefit our communities. As the largest recycler of organic by-products in North America, Synagro uses best-in-class processes, from beneficial reuse to renewable energy, that adheres to the strictest of environmental regulations to provide compelling solutions for communities across the continent. Serving more than 600 municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities in the United States and Canada, Synagro’s leading systems of organic by-product management services support municipalities of all sizes in saving money and meeting environmental regulations. Visit synagro.com to learn more.
Here are some highlights on this position:
- The work environment is fast-paced and challenging.
- New employees receive 15 days paid time off to start.
- New employees receive eight paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- Dental, medical and supplemental insurance plans are available.
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan is available.
Inspect, maintain, and control process equipment and perform mechanical maintenance throughout the plant. Adhere to all applicable regulations to provide, safe, reliable, and cost-effective operation of the plant to meet processing, permit, and other applicable requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitor and control plant operations in accordance with company policies and plant standard operating procedures
2. Maintain records of plant operations including, but not limited to, hourly operating data and abnormal operating conditions.
3. Ensure that the facility operates within permit compliance, at/above design capability, and produces high-quality product at all times
4. Participate and complete training programs within the time frame allotted
5. Perform any general work or other assignments necessary to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operation of the facility to include sweeping, shoveling, and other housekeeping activities
6. Enforce and maintain standard safety procedures and maintain clean work area at all times
7. Perform fireguard duty and confined space watch
1. Ability to recognize operational inconsistencies and hazards in the workplace and display proper judgment in responding to them
2. Ability to read and comprehend instructional manuals, instruction sheets, technical data, work orders and mechanical drawings in English
3. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the plant fire protection apparatus and systems
4. Ability to operate all fire protection equipment
5. Thorough knowledge and understanding of occupational hazards connected with machine shop and general plant practices with an emphasis on the necessity of safety policy compliance
6. Ability to work varying shifts, overtime, holidays, on-call duty and emergency call-ins
7. Communication skills – verbal and written
8. Ability to operate a computer
9. Ability to perform basic math
1. High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
2. Minimum 2 years’ experience as an operator or other process plant operations, or equivalent
3. Strong mechanical & electrical aptitude
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Talking, Hearing, Seeing Sitting, Standing, Walking, Fingering, Kneeling, Crouching, Pushing, and Pulling
2. The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and out.
3. The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
4. The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to bio-solids.
5. The workers frequently is in close quarters, crawl space, shafts, manholes, small, enclosed rooms, small sewage and water line pipes, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential job functions, knowledge, skills, abilities, efforts, and physical or working conditions associated with a position.
We thank all individuals for their interest in Synagro however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.