The Disrupted World of Tech With Dave Eifert at Phoenix Contact USA
As we navigate an increasingly interconnected world, the technological disruption we face is inescapable, particularly with the Internet of Things (IoT) at the core of the conversation. IoT promises innovation and optimization, but the reality is that it’s a vast landscape that is constantly evolving and often misunderstood. To understand its potential and challenges, DisruptED host, Ron Stefanski, sits down with an expert on the subject, Dave Eifert, Senior Business Development Manager at Phoenix Contact USA.
In this episode, they unravel the journey of IoT, its successes, its failures, and its promise for the future. They discuss:
- The initial perception and excitement around IoT
- The subsequent disillusionment due to high failure rates of IoT initiatives
- The shift in approach to focus on specific business problems
- The pivotal role of data sharing in making IoT work
- Real-world success stories and the discovery of ‘information in the shadows’.
Dave Eifert comes with an extensive background in tech. An engineering and management dual degree holder, Eifert has spent his entire career working in the electrical industry, always gravitating toward high-tech, cutting-edge developments. He joined Phoenix Contact 18 years ago and has held various roles. Eifert has spent the last 18 to 24 months as the business development manager for Phoenix Contact USA for IIoT, navigating the fascinating yet complex IoT landscape.
Follow us on social media for the latest updates in B2B!