These 5 Trends are Pushing the Electrification of America’s Vehicles
Sales of electric vehicles jumped 21% in the U.S. alone last year. More major automakers are announcing new electrification models every day, driving demand for the necessary infrastructure for a growing number of electric vehicles on the road. With analysts at Bloomberg expecting price parity between electric and gas vehicles by 2022, here are 5 trends to follow in the electrification of America’s cars.
- Even more EV models. The auto industry is anticipating more than 127 battery-electric cars to be announced globally in the next five years, meaning more sales growth and more competition.
- Utility programs that support EV adoption are growing. In anticipation of growing demand on the electric grid, utilities are adjusting their planning horizons to make fast-charging better and optimize their grids to avoid strain.
- Dealerships and auto services are changing. EVs need fewer parts and less maintenance, meaning dealerships and auto repair shops are adjusting their business models.
- Bans are coming for internal combustion vehicles. Already Norway, India, China, France, and the U.K. have set bans on gas-burning vehicles in the next few decades, with the soonest arriving in 2025.
- Volkswagen’s “Dieselgate” scandal. The settlement following the ordeal has Volkswagen investing at least $2 billion in American zero-emission vehicles over the next ten years, offering a major windfall for electric manufacturers at every level of industry.
Identifying Lightning Damage on Pecan Trees: Tips from TreeNewal
Join ISA Certified Arborist Wes Rivers from TreeNewal as he examines the aftermath of lightning damage on a pecan tree. In this insightful video, Wes highlights the path taken by the lightning bolt through the tree, causing superheating of the water inside. The resulting vapor expansion creates visible damage to the tree. The tree’s survival […]
Transforming Coverage to Meet Healthcare Needs with SCAN Health Plan
John Petito, SVP of Transformation at SCAN Health Plan joins the podcast to share his story and how his work is helping enable new types of healthcare coverage for diverse populations. Join us to hear how Health Plans are beginning to evolve their approach to addressing the needs of older adults and the LGBTQ+ community […]
Finding Your Identity with Dustin Odham
In an era where screens dominate our time, finding your personal identity becomes a challenge. Our generation is shaping itself based on an increasingly virtual world, often losing touch with the inner self. In fact, a recent study suggests that we could end up spending at least ten years of our life in front of […]