- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Associate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Core Competency is the demonstrated ability to carry out the primary responsibilities of the job which should be reflected in the essential duties section of the job description.
- Demonstrate an understanding of technical accounting literature within the GAAP and SEC hierarchies and is able to research issues and provide management with relevant information and technical guidance on routine, non-complex issues.
- Work closely with all experienced team members to identify and resolve issues encountered in performance of assignments through effective and timely communication.
- Assist with performing engagement planning activities related to assigned engagements.
- Consistently perform and take ownership of assigned areas, small projects, and small engagements under the supervision of more experienced team members.
- Assist with financial statement, workpaper, and/or other report preparation.
- Keep supervisors apprised of engagement and scheduling issues on a timely basis.
- Work with direct report manager to develop an appropriate plan of professional development and take responsibility to ensure that plan is executed.
- Working towards CPA license.
- Prepare audit workpaper documentation that is complete, well organized, and timely.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the client’s operations and accounting system.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship and demonstrate effective communication
with client personnel at appropriate levels.
- Maintain appropriate professionalism in client and team interactions.
- Demonstrate mindfulness of project budget and deadlines and deliver assignments on time and within budget.
- Adhere to the Firm’s policies and procedures, Core Values, demonstrate their importance to others, and provide input to management on suggested modifications to Firm policies and procedures as necessary.
- Be familiar with and adhere to relevant ethical requirements of the AICPA, contained in the Code of Professional Conduct, the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, and the Texas Society of CPA’s in discharging their professional responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, unless it would cause an undue hardship. The employee or potential employee still has his or her responsibility to be able to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or related field is preferred.