- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Diploma
Under minimal supervision, sets up and adjusts envelope folding machines for safe and efficient operation in the production process. This includes the start-up, operation, adjustment to proper parameters involving close tolerances, maintenance, troubleshooting, and cleaning of the equipment. May provide training and assistance to lesser skilled adjusters and/or operators.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
* At the start of the shift, inspect all orders processed on machine during the previous shift for correctness of folding, gumming, printing, count and packaging; obtain approval from lead adjuster or supervisor on start-up of new orders.
* Make proper size changes and adjustments to all assigned machines in accordance with estimated change times; note any delays on work order.
* Continuously monitor all assigned machines and performance of operators to ensure quality and run speed standards are being met.
* Provide training and assistance to coworkers, including other adjusters.
* Ensure all change parts are cleaned and returned to parts cage or other assigned areas at completion of order.
* Return ink, skids, cut blanks, etc. to their assigned areas upon completion of order.
* Review condition of all panel cutting dies with lead adjuster or supervisor once they are removed from machines; return dies to parts cage to be returned to inventory or sent out for reconditioning.
* Ensure all check sheets, time reports, and other paperwork is filled out correctly and completely.
* Relay any special instructions or important information pertaining to machine performance to next shift upon their arrival.
* Monitor machine shut downs where applicable to ensure proper wash up of machines at end of shift; ensure work area is clean.
* High School education or equivalent, with mathematics emphasis.
* 2+ years of experience as a Machine Adjuster working with envelope machines.
* High degree of mechanical aptitude and previous assembly/production experience required.
* Previous printing experience preferred but not required.
* Excellent mechanical and troubleshooting skills
* Good communication skills, i.e. ability to work effectively with coworkers and communicate with all levels of management.
* Willingness to work overtime as needed.