What is an EHR / EHR System? EHRs (Electronic Health Records) help capture clinical encounters electronically, create secure, HIPPA-compliant, digitized patient records and a variety of other tasks within one centralized program, streamlining without disrupting existing provider and staff workflows. Below you’ll find an infographic describing a few main functions an EHR System can help you with.
- Creating & Customizing Templates
- In addition to commonly used templates installed during vendor implementation, templates can be created and customized specifically to specialty/practice needs.
- Notes / Encounters
- Increase patient engagement, volume, and satisfaction via simplified note-taking with structured notes, unstructured notes, or both.
- Voice Dictation
- Voice dictation allows providers to dictate notes in 90 seconds or less, insert sub-templates, and navigate charts without having to click and type.
- Smart Text
- Smart Text saves time, allowing for customizable, pre-built notes to be inserted directly into the patient’s chart.
- Providers can prescribe patient medications electronically, eliminating handwriting errors while increasing patient safety and convenience.
- Simplified Lab Processes
- Integration with lab facilities nationwide allows providers to send requests and access results with a button click.
- Enabling information sharing and out of office patient telecommunication, Telehealth offers enhanced provider and patient schedule flexibility.
- Patient Portal
- A growing CMS requirement, Patient Portals allow patients online access to their health records, appointment scheduling, prescription refill requests, bill pay, and patient-practice messaging.
- Messaging simplifies both internal & external practice communication for providers, staff members, and patients.
- Create SuperBill / Charge Slip
- Upon patient note completion, the EHR compiles ICD-10 codes and sends information to the Practice Management billing system, reducing redundant data entry while prompting claim and billing generation.
Driven by the desire to improve office efficiency and profitability for the physician practice, ChartLogic’s mission is to positively impact patient care by delivering award-winning healthcare IT solutions for providers of every size and budget.
As one of the first Electronic Health Records (EHR) in the industry, the ONC-ACB certified ChartLogic EHR is used by thousands of providers today, combining robust but easy-to-use technology for superiorly efficient patient charting.
Learn more about the ChartLogic EHR.