While you are probably aware of the advantages of using digital signage, you may be wondering how much an LED video wall costs. Well, the answer requires some explanation and a look at several determining factors. There’s size, pixel pitch, quality of the LED components, and other features to consider. Let’s explore what impacts the price of an LED video wall.
Pricing LED Video Walls: Factors to Consider
LED video walls can be an impressive visual array for your space, engaging guests, customers, and staff, allowing your brand to communicate it’s message uniquely. But LED video walls are not a one-size-fits-all product, so several aspects can impact the price.
- Display size: as you go bigger, your budget will most likely need to increase as well
- Resolution: determined by the pitch of pixels in a display—the smaller the pitch, the clearer the image; for the top tier processors, you can expect to pay anywhere between $8K to $30K depending on the complexity of playback capabilities
- Configuration: the more complex your video tile configuration, the more attention it will draw, but you can also expect to pay more, too
- Mounting: to meet your configuration needs, you may need custom mounts, which are more expensive than standard mounts
- Indoor vs. outdoor: where your video wall will be placed impacts the price—typically, outdoor displays require more ruggedized construction to withstand weather and other elements, so they tend to come at a higher price
Cost Is About More Than Screen Size
While a larger screen obviously entails more materials, meaning larger budgets, it’s not just about the size of a screen. You may find that screens similar in size and resolution have varying prices, which is directly linked to the source and attributes of the LEDs. While a higher density of pixels translates to better resolution, the higher the pixel pitch, the higher the price. Key elements such as viewing distance may affect the tightness of clusters necessary for your particular video wall—wider-spaced pixel clusters translate to fewer dollars. It comes down to the type of content you’ll be displaying and how it will be viewed.
Further, the quality and speed of the processing components will also account for a considerable chunk of your budget. And other aspects must be considered, including installation ease, features, and benefits that improve image performance, front and/or rear serviceability, energy efficiency, warranties, and a screen configuration that will not only aesthetically enhance the space, but accurately, engagingly represent your brand vision and message.
Finding the Right LED Video Wall: Meeting Your Design Needs and Your Budget
An LED video wall is an investment in your brand, allowing you to engage and inform your audience in visually stunning ways. The best way to determine exactly how much your video wall will cost is to consult with an LED solutions provider expert. The PixelFLEX® team of knowledgeable staff will work with you to understand your goals and create a plan to meet brand objectives while keeping affordability top of mind. PixelFLEX also warrants their panels from edge to edge and pixel to pixel, providing investment peace of mind. Simply put, PixelFLEX® delivers customized solutions for every customer, ensuring you get exactly what you need at the price you expect.
Learn more about the variety of LED video wall design options available from PixelFLEX by visiting their portfolio.