5 Benefits of Digital Signage on College Campuses
Digital signage is becoming a common element on college campuses nationwide. Users of digital signage are finding the technology cost-effective and simpler than they imagined. It makes sense that institutions of higher learning would make the smart move to digital signage. This tech can greatly benefit a university in a variety of ways:
Communicate urgent information:
- Provide updates on weather and crime alerts.
- Provides updates on less urgent but still important messages around campus.
Reinforce your institution’s story and values to visitors:
- Promote upcoming events such as sporting events, art galas, and fundraisers.
- Draw in prospective students on tours by welcoming visitors with targeted information.
Earn additional revenue with a measurable sales increase:
- Revenue is generated via promotion of campus bookstores, food kiosks, and erchandise stands.
- Also advertise with promoted content on your network through brand partnering and cross-selling.
Offer wayfinding services:
- Guides foot traffic for students and visitors.
- Share information about the history of the school, must see sites and tips on where to eat and shop.
Use of Social integration: Encourage visitors to post pictures around campus to social media with specific hashtags.
- Stream user-generated content to your signage to deliver social recognition.
- User generated content strengthens the community and promotes school spirit.
- Invite guests to join your university’s e-mail list and follow on social media.